Station fire fund/great white

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Station fire fund/great white

Did anybody else see jack russell and mark kendall on larry king live last night?They had several surviors on, as well as Ty Longlys dad.

I hadnt thought about that night in a long time, but last night they spent the whole hour talking about it and it moved me to want to help them out.68 kids lost one or both their parents, some still have physical therapy and all of them are still dealing with it in one way or another.

Tesla and pat travers band are playing a benifit later this month.

I was thinking maybe we could start a donation thing like we did for the dimebag tradgedy.I dont know, just thinking about 100 rock n rollers dying they they did, just goin to a show. That couldve been anyone of of us.Im in to make donations from the board.If no one els wants to or the admins says no, il;l donate someother way.

Just a thought.

Dave

http://www.Stationfamilyfund.org

Re: Station fire fund/great white

I didn't see Larry King, but I too have been thinking about this tragedy lately.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

Funny thing, I saw it last night and donated $50 this morning because of it.

Comment

I'll donate, but someone else can coordinate it... [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Good idea tho! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Cool, i wouldnt know how to organize it, but if there's a need for it i'll do it.

That room had an eerie vibe to it and you could just tell by the looks on everyone's faces how much pain there is still.Jack and Mark looked like they had the weight of all the worlds guilt on their shoulders.

Seeing Ty's dad was heavy too.I vaguely knew Ty when he pLayed around denver in cover bands for a few years.Dude was always happy and the life of the party.You were also gauranteed not to score the hottest woman there.lol.

I had a friend who was planning on going to the show and decided not to the day of the show.God knows why we decide not to do things, but there is always a path we are meant to take.

Watching the footage again broughtme right back to that night.Seeing the victims made me realize that it will never end for them.

Comment

I live right around the corner from where the station used to be.And have a very good friend who was there that night.He was fortunate to survive,however was severely burned on his head,neck,shoulders and back.He received several skin graphs and is severely scarred.He can no longer grow hair on his head to cover the scars,and any time he puts a little weight on his skin tears because the graphs do not generate new tissue.People have been great helping but with so many victims things are always coming up that they need help with.

Comment

Thats kinda why i posted the idea.Its obvious that A)there is a still a huge need for help
              B)those lawsuits intended to help are too far away and the cost of the lawyers will take a huge chunck of any payoff.The band is broke, the owners are most likely broke.So who can they squeeze for the money?

Great White's last tour helped raise 83K , AND THEY will continue touring to help the fund.But they are far from selling out arena's and no one will tour with them because they are well known for the fire.Damned if you do, damned if ya dont.

Comment

I too live right around the corner but my friend didn't make it out. I was supposed to go that night with a group of friends, but we decided to skip it and just stay where we were. It still amazes me that the whole world took notice of something that happened so close to my house.

Comment

Working...
                X