Custom Paint Job finished!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Paint Job finished!

Alright, it took me a while but Ive FINALLY finished my custom job. I started out with a Squier Showmaster that I got cheap from a mate. I bought it coz I liked the SkullXBones inlays, but it had this horribly cheesy skullXBones graphic on the black body behind the bridge.

First, I sanded the body with 400 grade paper to take the gloss of the surface. I then carefully traced many, many stencils of the "Triumph of Steel" album cover by Manowar, and then cut out masks of all the seperate bits and airbrushed the textures on.

When the picture was finished I just sprayed about 10 coats of Krylon Poly -Clear, sanded, polished and buffed.

Now I have a killer looking axe, its just a pity I cant stand playing it!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Re: Custom Paint Job finished!

WOW!!! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img]

Comment

Sweet!!!

Comment

Cheeeesy! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

hey, that came out awesome! Why can't you stand playing it?
          Hail yesterday

Comment

<font color="aqua">Looks great! You definitely have talent there, congrats- [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] </font>
            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz it's a POS Squier? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

have a good time destroying FALSE METAL with this tool of destruction.

Comment

That looks like you did a great job. That graphic isn't my speed but the job you did looks killer. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Very Cool. Remind me of the custom Chevy vans in the 70s that people would put giant Molly Hatchet type murals on the sides.

Comment

Nice!! Great job.

Comment

It's...........METAL MANIA!!!!!

Comment

If YOU'RE not into Metal...you cannot be my friend! HEAVY METAL!

That's pretty much the extent of my Manowar knowledge [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                          RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                          RIP Dime

Comment

Very goth?!?!!!?!? (Or Dungeons and Dragons - not that that is a bad thing).
                            "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Cuz it's a POS Squier? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Exactly!! The day I first played a US Jackson I realised I could never play my sh!tty Squier again!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X