No announcement yet.

Need ebay advice, please (re: a buyer)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Need ebay advice, please (re: a buyer)

So I sold a pickup on ebay on 1/28, delivered 2/2.

This morning (2/11), he writes me and says "when it was installed it didn't work, I want my money back."

There is no question in my mind whatsoever that when it left my custody, it worked just fine. And my return policy to people that I don't know is "blow me."

What should I do? If it doesn't work, I figure that he (or whoever handled it for him) screwed it up. I've asked him what the ohms look like, and what (if anything) was remarkable about the box when it arrived.

What do you think I should do?

Does the JCF have tech support near Commack, NY? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

I\'m a baaaaad man

I emailed the buyer asking how many ohms it shows, and how many it was showing upon arrival.

When I sent the email, I might have accidentally, in some weird strange wacky random way, emailed him using the email template that has all my work information at the bottom. (Some of you may have seen it, but it is unremarkable and everybody knows what email templates look like - my footer / signature has a scan of my handwritten signature, the name of my business, the address and web site, etc.)

My template does not say anything cool on it like, "FBI," or "Postal Inspection Service, Internet Fraud Division," but it just says what it says.

Not two minutes later, he writes back telling me to disregard his previous email, because after several installation attempts (!?) the pickup is now working perfectly and he's very happy.

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

What a load of [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]

Now if I could only go back to sleep...

Comment

Re: I\'m a baaaaad man

And now he's left me feedback! "Very quick shipment. excellent seller."

Comment

LOL - You wanna hear the one about the 16 year old kid who exploded the Boogie 2:90 he bought from me on the 'bay? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

And I've got to say that emailing him from your work account was probably exactly the right thing to do. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

Yeah, actually I would like to hear that story about the amp. I bet your buyer cried (because he blew it up) - I know I would if I were him.

I wondered if my buyer (who has 13 positives and no negs) either had cold feet, or just wanted to see what would happen, figuring it couldn't hurt to try.

The one DOA item I have sold on ebay (that I know about) was a new-in-box Palm IIIxe, and that transaction went great, the buyer wrote a long and nice email about everthing that he had tried without getting it to work, and when I got all the pieces back I gave him back all his $. Sure enough, it didn't work.

15 minutes later, I'd taken it apart and fixed it (with a fingernail file, even) so I relisted it and sold it again, for even more money, to a happy buyer. Ahhh... evilbay.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              And I've got to say that emailing him from your work account was probably exactly the right thing to do. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

You know, if it says anything at all I think it is this: I am a huge pain in the ass to deal with if you piss me off. If you con me, fine, I'm a pushover and I won't know what hit me. And you can even bully me and take away my milk money: but if I catch on that I'm being bullied, chances are you'll be so sick of screwing with me by the time that you get my milk money, that it wasn't worth the effort it took... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                When I sent the email, I might have accidentally, in some weird strange wacky random way, emailed him using the email template that has all my work information at the bottom.

[/ QUOTE ]

The missing info here is that axtogrind is a damn lawyer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  The missing info here is that axtogrind is a damn lawyer. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
                  Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Ahhh, thank you Ron for the "rest of the story"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      When I sent the email, I might have accidentally, in some weird strange wacky random way, emailed him using the email template that has all my work information at the bottom. (Some of you may have seen it, but it is unremarkable and everybody knows what email templates look like - my footer / signature has a scan of my handwritten signature, the name of my business, the address and web site, etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Accident huh? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I can hear your buyer's "Oh shit!" from here. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Working...
                      X