no grammy posts yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• no grammy posts yet?

I don't like green day, but they were tight. Slash's 12 string LP was cool. the maroon 5 guy started soloing on a cool SG. Skynard didn't sound that great tonight. John Mayer-why would you play "daughters" on an electric? sounded like crap! Any other observations?

Re: no grammy posts yet?

"Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Any mention of Dimebag? Pantera was a Grammy nominee way back when...
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

they had a litle thing for musicians and entertainers who had died this past year and they showed dime.

Comment

I usually don't watch any crap award shows any more, but for some reason I watched this one. It was okay. I was hoping they'd mention something about Dime, and they just showed a picture of him real quick, close to the end, with a bunch of other people that died in 2004.
          I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Grammies?
            What Grammies? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
            Did Anthrax win? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Skynard didn't sound that great tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you guys have noticed this, but Skynyrd played a pregame show for the Super Bowl and then the Grammys last night with only Rossington and Medlocke on guitars. Where the hell is Hughie? Lynyrd Skynyrd has always been a guitar dynamo consisting of three guitarists, whether it was Ed King, Allen Collins, and Rossington or Collins, Gaines, and Rossington or the current lineup of Rossington, Medlocke, and Thomasson.

Rossington needs to stick to slide and basic rhythm because he can't hang with the other boys. As good as Medlocke is, he can't carry the complete load of two guitarists.

Now, what was up with Melissa Etheridge and that chrome dome, men's jeans look? Guess we now know who wears the strap-on in that relationship. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

U2 sucked live! They pulled a Dave Mustaine and tried to sing a song that needs tons of studio wizardry to sound halfway decent. Bad choice of songs.

Duff looks healthy. Slash needs to lose the hat. Cool 12 string Les Paul.

Unless I missed it, Los Lonely Boys should have gotten an award. I know they got nominated, but these three brothers are good, damn good.
              "POOP"

Comment

they gave led zeppelin a lifetime achievement award (but didn't call them to the stage), but then after every break they gave somebody else one? didn't get that [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] green day u2 and los lonely boys (wow [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] that guy plays clean) were winners. the only good thing about it was no mention of p diddy, emeniem & 50 cent. p.s. not a big melissa etheridge fan but, she is one mentally tough woman.
                [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
                Amp... Pioneer
                Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Unless I missed it, Los Lonely Boys should have gotten an award. I know they got nominated, but these three brothers are good, damn good

[/ QUOTE ]

I think they got Best Pop Rock song. [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img] I saw them at a small college here in NJ about 3 months ago, and they were good. They should've won more compared to the competition. I can't believe U2 won....anything. they suck sooooooooooooooooooo bad.
                  Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Now, what was up with Melissa Etheridge and that chrome dome, men's jeans look? Guess we now know who wears the strap-on in that relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    The chrome dome look that you are refering to, is the result of Chemo. She is battling cancer. Now that you know you can remove your foot from your mouth. I thought it was a very brave thing for her to do. The best performance of the night.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]

Now, what was up with Melissa Etheridge and that chrome dome, men's jeans look? Guess we now know who wears the strap-on in that relationship.

[/ QUOTE ]
                      The chrome dome look that you are refering to, is the result of Chemo. She is battling cancer. Now that you know you can remove your foot from your mouth. I thought it was a very brave thing for her to do. The best performance of the night.

[/ QUOTE ] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
                      Scott
                      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Now that you know you can remove your foot from your mouth.

[/ QUOTE ]

Explaining to me that she has cancer would have been sufficient. I've dined on toejam before and I don't need you to attempt chastisement. As for anyone else that I may have offended, please accept my apology.

Pass the ketchup!
                        "POOP"

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

No offense to this cancer riddled ba$tard.

U2 were a big disappointment.
                          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            Skynard didn't sound that great tonight.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't know if you guys have noticed this, but Skynyrd played a pregame show for the Super Bowl and then the Grammys last night with only Rossington and Medlocke on guitars. Where the hell is Hughie? Lynyrd Skynyrd has always been a guitar dynamo consisting of three guitarists, whether it was Ed King, Allen Collins, and Rossington or Collins, Gaines, and Rossington or the current lineup of Rossington, Medlocke, and Thomasson.

Rossington needs to stick to slide and basic rhythm because he can't hang with the other boys. As good as Medlocke is, he can't carry the complete load of two guitarists.

[/ QUOTE ]Well, Dickie Betts did play with them at the Grammies. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              I've dined on toejam before

[/ QUOTE ]
                              You have?!? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I don't remember that. How was I? Better yet, how were you? Must have been one of those very drunken nights. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X