Any other Angel City fans here?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any other Angel City fans here?

Okay, so I was looking to listen to something old skool today, so I dug deep into the bowels of my CD collection and found my copy of Angel City's "Face to Face" album.

This was one of the first CDs I ever purchased way back when...to replace the Face to Face LP I freaking wore the grooves off of.

I forgot how much I liked this album and this band. Killer, killer rock and roll. They were from Australia...and I even think over there they were called Angel or The Angels or something. They had to change it over here because of that band of long haired blonde dudes of the same name.

Growing up, I remember being one of the only people listening to this band.

Anybody here remember them? Like them? Or am I all alone in this one?

Re: Any other Angel City fans here?

I like the only song by them I know. It's called Marseilles. Other than that, I draw a blank!
    "Yes,..that's when they used to shove a red hot spike in your peehole until you screamed "yes, yes, godammit ..you fuggin' dicks..I'm a witch..I am witch..you cocksuckers"" horns666

Comment

For a second there I thought you were talking about the Motorhead tune "Angel City". I'm a huge fans of that one, cracks me up every time I hear it.
      Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam!

Comment

The Angels rock!! But they're somewhat of an institution over here. Am I Ever Gonna See Your Face Again is a party favourite.

I actually met Doc Neeson when he came to my office for a seminar a couple of years ago. He's apparently doing a bit of public speaking these days, corporate engagements and the like.
        Hail yesterday

Comment

I knew an Aussie would chime in here sometime!

"Am I ever gonna see your face again" is a killer tune...I can see why it would be a party fave. "Marseilles" is awesome too. Both are on "Face to Face." I think that record was actually a compilation of songs off a couple of Australian records, if I remember correctly.

As for Doc Neeson, I LOVE his voice. Very unique.

Too bad they never got bigger over here. People don't know what they're missing. Oh, well.

Comment

I thought Angel City/The Angels were pretty cool back in the day. Haven't heard anything by them on the radio in probably 17 or 18 years.

Comment

I used to play "Back on You" all the time when I was younger. Good band, I don't know if I'd call them great but they had their moments

Comment

Haven't heard it forever-don't have a copy thats for sure-they were cool back in the day

Comment

Working...
                X