• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 28 game presaeson?

I'm with Chuck and Shawn!

Oh and Pat...

[ QUOTE ]
    Yeh, we need JCF do-rags and Hockey Jersey's get em done admin's, we know you have nothing elose to do... :Scratch: [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I'd be all over that, but knowing me, I wouldn't support it if we half-assed it.

I wouldn't do the cheap jerseys like the Jackson/Charvel ones. They're just too damn cheap and flimsy. I'd go for a pro-weight shell (has to have the fight strap!) and have a cool crest made up with some embroiderer to put on the jersey. None of that silk-screened logo garbage.

My Pro jerseys (three Blackhawk jerseys and 1 Florida Everblades jersey [ECHL]) run about 200-250 with name and #. Not sure we could get them made for too much less.

I love wearing hockey jerseys I've got a lot of them some authentic and some replicas and with the exception for one jersey you can definitely tell the difference between the two.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

+1

I'd be in for a pro jersey, nothing less and I'd pay 200+ for too. I'm with you Todd on the pro vs replica jersey's. Big difference. I only own 1 pro and like 20 replica's and I have never worn any of the replicas after I got the pro. I want to get another Bruins pro jersey, but I just can't see giving any money that way when I'm not getting even a 28 game season. [img]/images/graemlins/bs.gif[/img]
      "My G-Major can blow me!" - Bill

Comment

from what i hear, all it took was another 7 million dollars and we could have had the lousy sh1tball 28 game season with the playoffs as well. at this point fukk it, but when i hear people say on t.v. that "i'm never going to watch hockey again", "i'll never spend another dime on hockey",
        "i;m through with hockey", etc. etc., BULLSH1T!!!!!!!!
        you will be right back there when this thing gets hashed out
        eventually,and if you don't , then you don't love hockey in the first place. are you kidding me? when madison square garden erupts when we have a good team every other decade or so, it's not something you can just drop, or forget. we got fukked plain and simple. but i will be there waiting for the puck to drop next season.
        SKIDD, i hope this does not hurt your biz too much.
        Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

The fans that will be lost are not the real hockey fans to begin with. Its the middle of the road type of fan that may be lost. It will take some work and time to win back those type of fans. Just like it did with baseball.

As PO'd as I am about it I still love the game and will be right back into it when it does start up again. The game is in my blood and has been since I was about 4 or so. I played organized hockey since I was 6, I couldn't turn my back on it if I tried
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
          shawnlutz.com

Comment

I guess it's hard for me to understand. The Wings are HUGE here. It's impossible to get tickets to games, and everyone is into them, buying Jersey and such. Hell, there are even stores here dedicated solely to Wings memoralbilia. Illitch is definitely not hurting. Then again, it sucks that the Winnipeg Jets and Quebec Nordiques are no more. To me, hockey is a Canadian game, and it should flourish there. Unfortunately, the economics say otherwise. I mean... 8 million for Martin Lapointe? Gimme a break. The salaries have got to stop somewhere. I think the NHLPA could have done more to get things going, but it's the owners fault that salaries are so high.

Comment

I agree that there need to be more Canadian teams.

To me, it seemed like the deal that the league wanted would have layed the groundwork for the remaining Canadian teams to stay viable. I for one would be very heartbroken if the Habs and/or Maple Leafs were moved or dissolved. (elated if it were the Red Wings [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] )

The truth is that these teams as well as the Senators, Oilers, Flames, and Canucks are in trouble. It's not that there are no hockey fans in Canada. As we all know, the're are a whole nation of them. But it's the exchange rate between American dollars and Canadian dollars that's killing them. They can't compete and put a competetive team on the ice when the players go after the big American bux in the big American cities. (Unfortunately this isn't the case here in Chicago with Wirtz's rusty wallet hinges) The league's deal was to make it more of a level playing field for all the teams.

It is a plan to keep hockey growing. I am all for it.
              Occupy JCF

Comment

Steve you are right the the Wings are huge there but with their payroll they are not profitable unless the go very deep into the playoffs, otherwise they lose money.

No other sport devotes 75% of their revenues to players salaries. If things remaind as they were the last 10 years, owners would have to continue to raise the price of tickets, out of range for what normal people can afford.
                shawnlutz.com

Comment

I put a lot of blame on the players as well, no doubt. These guys make a ton of money, without question!!! Far too much in my opnion, but oh well. You'll end up seeing a handful of 10+ Mil 40ish players retire before there's a puck dropped next year, if there's a puck. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

The were talking about it this morning on the radio and all BS this and that, but the Blues lost 40Mil last year so who knows. I know we've got a strong market here, but... Also have the BlueNote shops, etc.

As for the jersey's, get on it, I'm in for at least one. And I couldn't agree more with the pro weight/fight strap, etc. I have a bunch of them, even one of Gilmour's practice sweaters from the Toronto days he gave me a few years back. I love ridin with a jersey on, and playing goes without saying, I hate those practice jersey's.

Anyway, who's going to design em, let's roll it!

Comment

Let me discuss the jerseys with the other admins. I'll do some legwork and we'll see what's up.
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

remember qualludes? i want "RORER" on the back and my number is to be 714 -lol

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Let me discuss the jerseys with the other admins. I'll do some legwork and we'll see what's up.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sweet!!!!
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I can't stand Replica Jerseys, Gotta go with Officals, I've got 3 Red wings, Canucks, and the Seattle T Birds.
                          I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

ROTF!!!!! What size sweater Tommy?

Pat

Comment

The jerseys I'm thinking about may not be able to have that number on the back, but I'll look into it.
                              Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                                ROTF!!!!! What size sweater Tommy?

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

get extra dumb for me.

Comment

Working...
                                X