Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• old thrash metal question

guys,

i need some JCF expertise here. here it is, my squadron has a morale drive with a butt load of songs on it. as i was browsing through it i found a band that i saw on MTV back when they played music 24/7. never bought the tape but saw the video a few times and enjoyed the tune. it was called 'I WANT OUT' from the Helloween album keeper of the seven keys 2. i listened to a few of the songs today and kinda sorta dug it. my question is who played guitar for them? anyone known in the guitar world? did they play the 80s BC Rich guitars or what? any info would rock.

Garry [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Re: old thrash metal question

KOT7K2 was from 1988; the guitarists at that time were Michael Weikath and Kai Hansen.

http://www.bnrmetal.com/groups/hell.htm

I don't remember what gear these German power-metallers used at that time, but check out their website

http://www.helloween.org/

They seem like nice fellows; I bet they'd answer your questions on their message board or guestbook.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

They had german made guitars(V and Rhoads shape guitar) and then they used Fernandez(Strat shape guitars and again Rhoads copy).
      When the band did the Headbanger's ball tour(after Kai quit)in 89, Michael and Roland used BC Rich(Gunslingers).
      I saw them on that tour at Long Beach Arena.

Comment

Kai Hansen wrote a lot of that Helloween stuff. He later left and formed his own band Gamma Ray, which is equally awesome. If you're at all into power metal, both Helloween and Gamma Ray are must haves.

Comment

Stratovarius,Angra and Rhapsody are great as well.
          [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

should have known that ron would be first on this one. thanks for the info guys. i'll have to look into Gamma ray when i get back to civilization. i listened to Keeper part 1 today and it was rockin. never knew anything aboot them till this post. anyhoo, everyone take care. also i'll shoot a pic to someone if they'll post it for abit.

Garry [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

kingvron AT gmail.com
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

My favorite album by Helloween has been Keeper Pt. II

Their later stuff isn't anywhere as good as the earlier material. Andi Deris cannot keep up with Kai Hansen or Michael Kiske. He butchers my favorite Helloween song too! Eagle Fly Free!

Comment

Didn't one of them have a pink ESP Rhoads copy that wound up being his signature model?
                  I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    When the band did the Headbanger's ball tour(after Kai quit)in 89, Michael and Roland used BC Rich(Gunslingers).
                    I saw them on that tour at Long Beach Arena.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    I also saw them on that tour in NY at Madison Square Garden. Anthrax, Exodus and Helloween!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Didn't one of them have a pink ESP Rhoads copy that wound up being his signature model?

[/ QUOTE ]

That would be Kai Hansen IIRC.

Comment

Yeah, I think you're right. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

Yep, Kai Hansen it is. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                          X