My Wife is GREAT! Check out this Taylor 914CE L1

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My Wife is GREAT! Check out this Taylor 914CE L1

Laurie, my pregnant wife, has bought me the occasional guitar or mandolin from time to time. But this Valentine's Day, she outdid herself. She surprised me with this brand new Taylor 914-CE Limited L1! We went looking at Breedloves and Taylors a couple of weeks back and this 914 just sounded phenomenal. She even got a great price on it, which, in the case of these Taylors, is still a lot of money.

It plays and sounds very rich and it is the best sounding acoustic I've ever played. Abalone around the rosette and abalone purfling. Abalone inlays and logo, Brazilian Rosewood back and sides, I can't remember if it has an Engleman Spruce top or another type of spruce but it's Master grade. Even has brazilian rosewood binding on the neck and head. These pics do not do it justice but I wanted to show you all the guitar so I snapped a few in bad lighting.

Re: My Wife is GREAT! Check out this Taylor 914CE L1

Good grief. That is a beautiful guitar - congrats. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

I'm getting pretty tired of hearing how everyone else has such a great wife. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
    Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Re: My Wife is GREAT! Check out this Taylor 914CE

WOW!

So tell us, what are you going to give her when the baby is born? Other than a chance to rest. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Very nice!!!
        Occupy JCF

Comment

....wow. that's amazing lookin!
          Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
          Sully Guitars on Facebook
          Sully Guitars on Google+
          Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

Does she have a sister? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Then again, who am I to complain, my girlfriend went to see Megadeth with me and banged harder than me the whole show! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Comment

amazing, very nice inlays
              "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Wow Tom that is gorgeous big congrats.......But wont that make your room to crowded.....I would Dump the Snakeskin [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] J/K congrats again.

Comment

That is gorgeous! I'm starting to feel bad - I didn't get Todd a guitar, but I did get him Playboy the Mansion and Leisure Suit Larry for his PS@. I'm gonna have to work on that guitar! Maybe for our anniversary!

Comment

That should be Playstation 2!

Comment

Awesome guitar. Congrats!!

Comment

AWESOME! That is one fine acoustic [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Holy sh!t, that is a really cool guitar! (But I know that if I ever picked one up, I would get board of playing it in 10 mins, never fails - I could never get into acoustics).
                          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Awesome guitar! That is a great gift.

Comment

Wow, rosewood overlay on the BACK of the headstock, never seen that feature before! [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/drool2.gif[/img]

Definitely an Englemann spruce top. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

I love the headstock face fancy "T" inlay. A slightly different take than the one on my Taylor K14c:

WELCOME TO THE CLUB!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X