we lost our longtime family pet/companion today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• we lost our longtime family pet/companion today

I got a call from my parents this morning...Our family pet(a Dachsund) and companion of 10 years passed away this morning. He was his usual frisky and energetic self last nite, and this morning he just didnt wake up. We are taking some comfort in the fact that he died peacefully in his sleep. He didnt suffer and wasnt sick. I saw him earlier this week on my Mom's birthday for the last time. He and I played fetch with his favorite toy, and he was his usualy animated self. He was a terrific dog. He had a grand life, we all treated him like a king. Its going to be a huge adjustment for my parents as he lived with them and was like a child to them. We are greatful to the richness & love he added to our lives over the last 10 years. He will live on in our hearts forever. You will never be forgotten, Good bye my friend.... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]
    "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Re: we lost our longtime family pet/companion today

<font color="yellow">I'm so sorry to hear of this [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

I can't imagine the day when our "little ones" aren't with us.

I love them both, but my Min Pin is my little girl, and I can't imagine my life when she finally goes.

My deepest sympathies to yourself and parents.

People who don't own pets don't understand how attached you get to them, it's like losing a family member [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

Dude, sorry to hear this....I had a weenie dog growing up named Petey and he was the best ever. And you are right, they will never be forgotten. [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Comment

Thank you very much LPC and Brad, and Yes, it certainly is like losing a family member. Oscar was certainly a member of our family.

"clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

<font color="yellow">Not a problem man [img]/images/graemlins/refuse.gif[/img]

I just wish there was something else I could do for you [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] </font>

Comment

No, there isn't much we can say that will make things better or hurt less, only time will help that. It can be devastating losing a longtime pet, I know when I lost my last pittie, he was almost 18, and I was absolutely devastated.

Sounds like the boy had an awesome life with people that loved him dearly and gave him a warm safe and loving environment, what more could a dog wish for really. He had a great time here, and that is what counts. So sad when they leave...

I hope you guys feel better soon... I know it hurts.

Comment

I'm very sorry to hear this man. I have family pets as well that i treat more like family than my own family sometimes. Animals are so loyal and it truly hurts when we lose one. My thoughts are with you and your family. When the time comes, your folks will get a new one, (maybe?), but it will never be the same. I still miss my black lab and i lost him over 10 years ago. Take care bro....
              Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Re: we lost our longtime family pet/companion toda

Sorry to hear about that Don. It doesn't take long to get attached to them. Thoughts and prayers to you and your family.
                www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss. We've only had our puppies for a few months and already I can't imagine losing them.

Comment

RIP Oscar. I am sure he was very thankful to have such loyal and loving family members. My deepest sympathy goes out to you and your family.

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your parents are in my thoughts.

Comment

Travis:

Sorry about your loss. I know what you are feeling as I have felt that loss before, and someday we will have to face it again. We have dachshund as well. He's 13. I pray he goes in his sleep, too, as I can not imaging having to bring my little buddy to the vet to be put to sleep. Our oldest child is six, so we had little Gibson for 7 years before we had kids. He is also a true member of the family.

Best wishes and I hope you can readjust soon.

- E.
                        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

I'm very sorry for your loss; pets really are
                          family members to those who really love them.
                          It's something you either get, or you don't.
                          He passed in his sleep so he felt no pain or fear, and had the best life a dog could want.
                          They really can teach us a thing or two about unconditional love. My thoughts are with you and your folks.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

That sux dude, very sorry to hear that. I never had a dog (allergies), but I love em, so I can sorta imagine how it must feel. Take care.

- Irf -

Comment

I'm so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my thoughts and prayers. It's never easy to lose a pet.
                              Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

Working...
                              X