Car paint question....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Car paint question....

What is the actual name of the green that the Cudas were done in?? Anybody know??

Mrs LPC

Re: Car paint question....

<font color="aqua">I believe it was "sublime green" </font>
    Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

http://www.storm.ca/~moparman/70paint.htm

Also, this has ZIP files that shows lots of actual paint codes and samples, you have to unzip this to look at it, I did and it is safe etc.
      http://www.southernbushmotorsports.c...sler-chips.zip

Comment

Hot damn!!!! I was hoping that was the name of it!!

We sent one of our Ram 1500s down to the bodyshop a few weeks ago and had it custom painted Hemi Orange (sorry, but I call it Chevy orange LOL) and it sold in no time. So now we are sending another 1500 down and having it painted sublime green, but on this one, it will have ghost flames (I will take credit for the flames) on the front quarter panels down to the front door, and having them kinda creep up on the hood just a little bit, and on the hood scoop. I already want this truck and its still white and sitting on the lot. I just have to figue out how to convince Sam he needs this truck instead and that an extra 75 a month in a car payment isnt that much more!!!

Mrs LPC

Comment

Another great resource is www.autocolorlibrary.com

Comment

I'll get it out of my Dupont book later tonight. I have paint chip books all the way back to the 1930s.

Comment

Actually..................

Dodge's were sublime Green

And

Plymouths were Limelite Green

Limelite on the cuda's and Roadrunners were a few shades lighter than the Challengers and chargers
              I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Well, now I dont know what color this truck is gonna be....the bodyshop guy told me sublime green...I still want it though, after I saw his work on the motorcycle at work with the flames, I really want this truck whenever its done....If I have a chance I will snap a couple of pics of the truck and post them if anybody wants to see it....

Marcus, the bodyshop guy, has also told me that if we ever needed a guitar painted, to let him know what color, and when/if hes ever painting a car that color he would give me a call and paint the guitar for me, for free!!! If I can get the flames outta him for free too...then I would be set..

Mrs LPC

Comment

Sorry so late but as promised.
                  If you notice Dodge Sublime and Plymouth Limelight poly are actually the same color. The paint code for both is J-5. I went ahead and included Chrysler LimeGreen Poly paint code F-4.
                  1970 Chrysler Paint

1970 Dodge Paint

1970 Plymouth Paint

Look at both Sublime and Limelight they are the same.

Brian

Comment

[image]http://media8.motorcities.com/04HRN061200385D.jpeg[/image]

Sublime

Limelite

Close but Limelite is still a few shades briter. If you've ever been right next to 2 Surviver cars at the same time it's easier to tell. but with new Resto paint jobs sometimes they come out the same and then some painters just don't know the difference

Comment

Look at lemon twist Vs. Top Bananna. lemon twist is a few shades liter

I've owned 2 Hemi Orange cars and a lemon twist

Comment

DRS hold the two paint chips side by side, they are the same color at least in my old book here. The bottom photo itself is darker. Making all the Plymouth colors seem darker than what they are.
                        [ QUOTE ]

but with new Resto paint jobs sometimes they come out the same and then some painters just don't know the difference

[/ QUOTE ]
                        As you can see both colors have the same code. A painter can only order the paint with the info he/she has.

Comment

Working...
                        X