RIP Hunter S. Thompson

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RIP Hunter S. Thompson

Looks like one of those bullets flying around his ranch finally got him. He was one of my heros and will be sorely missed...

[img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Re: RIP Hunter S. Thompson

Man........ Thatis lame

Comment

Looks like his son said that it was suicide

Comment

I waited three hours in grad school for him to show up, and when he did, you couldn't understand a word he said... it was classic! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

RIP, Gonzo.
        The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Hunter what a nut I was listening to his full bio this morning some real interesting stuff aside what he was mainly know for
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

RIP--I always enjoyed his work, even though I disagreed with his political point of view.

If you want to get to know him better, avoid the movie version of his book "Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas" that came out a few years ago. It seemed kind of forced, to me, and didn't really capture the craziness of the book. Instead, rent the movie "Where the Buffalo Roam", which was released in the early '80s and featured Bill Murray playing Thompson about as well as anyone could. "Buffalo" is based on a combination of several of Thompson's books, but seems to focus on "Fear & Loathing on the Campaign Trail '72", which is a hilarious look at how Thompson covered the 1972 presidential campaign in a massive drug haze. There's a scene in that movie where Thompson is standing at next urinal over from Nixon in the airport restroom that is still one of my 10 favorite movie scenes...

Comment

goodbye Hunter, i've had many similar fun and outraegeous
              benders similar to some of yours. you were a giant writer.
              the only thing that was ever decent about rolling stome magazine were your contributions.
              R.I.P.
              i'm so sorry that life got that sad for you to end it the way you did. your memories of all the fun you had i thought would keep you alive for as long as you possibly could. i will miss you.
              Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Just when Shotgun Golf was about to take off.

Comment

I just realized that my previous post could look wrong.

Ya gotta read this its fuggin hilarious.

R.I.P. HST

Comment

Working...
                  X