Custom Floyd baseplate?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Custom Floyd baseplate?

Anybody know if Floyd Rose or Schaller will make a custom baseplate?
    I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Re: Custom Floyd baseplate?

Probably your best bet Newc...

http://www.floydrose.com/contactus.html
    Occupy JCF

Comment

OYu could probably get a machinist to do it, but it will most likely cost alot. A friend and I got an estimate to make us a gear for a dirtbike and it was like 800 bucks. WHy exactly do you need a custom one? Are you making a twelve string Dr. Newc FLoyd rose monster?

Comment

7-string baseplate with 6-string post spacing [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Thanks Tekky - I thought about that after posting here, so I emailed them. Just wondered if anyone had asked them about it before (you know how long it takes to hear from some places - still haven't heard from Ishibashi about a Semi-Custom order inquiry I placed about 3 weeks ago [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

Comment

Anyone know any machinists??? [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] couch cough
          Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Couch cough...sounds serious Kev... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
            RIP Dime

Comment

rotff .. I never even caught that
              Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Sounds interesting, but I'm trying to picture how saddles 1 & 7 are gonna work & be able to intonate without smacking into the posts.

Comment

So newc, you are converting an existing body with posts installed into a seven string? Are you cramming 7 strings into the space of six, or just don't want to plug and redrill the holes?

Comment

dg: 1 & 7 will have to be shorter, then, won't they? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

etaeniura: Yes. No. Damn Straight [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Kev - Once you get over that nasty couch, drop me a PM [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Newc, did Home Depot give you a diploma when you graduated from their luthier program? I bet that was one heck of a Saturday afternoon. I hear the graduate course involves using bathroom tile and grout for custom inlays. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
                      I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Silly question, but woouldn't it be less work and less money to just re-do the posts instead of have custom made parts?

Comment

Working...
                        X