3 doors down...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 3 doors down...

Mr. Rusty Cooley jammed with Tremonti, Rusty sayd that Mark is a very good alt. picker.
    "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Tremonti is a good player. I could tell even from his rhythm playing. His recent soloing just confirmed it.
      Regarding Three Doors Down. I put them in the same "supergroup" category as Linkin Park, Greenday, Sum 41, Blink 182 and Lenny Kravitz. None of them would be considered 1 hit wonders. They all have had multiple hits and multiple Platinum albums. I will admit this though. They have had more success and longevity than most of the 80's metal bands that I like such as Ratt, Dokken, Europe, Skid Row, Warrant, Poison, Firehouse or 90's bands such as Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Soundgarden etc... Yea, I know that some of these bands broke up because guys died but you get the drift.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

+1

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        You took too much, man. Too much. Too much.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Tremonti is a good player. I could tell even from his rhythm playing. His recent soloing just confirmed it.
          Regarding Three Doors Down. I put them in the same "supergroup" category as Linkin Park, Greenday, Sum 41, Blink 182 and Lenny Kravitz. None of them would be considered 1 hit wonders. They all have had multiple hits and multiple Platinum albums. I will admit this though. They have had more success and longevity than most of the 80's metal bands that I like such as Ratt, Dokken, Europe, Skid Row, Warrant, Poison, Firehouse or 90's bands such as Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Soundgarden etc... Yea, I know that some of these bands broke up because guys died but you get the drift.

[/ QUOTE ]

thank you! that's the point i was trying make. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
          Guitars... Rhoads RX10D
          Amp... Pioneer
          Effects... Boss ME-20

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            i would put them in a higher ranking than nickelback, creed, maybe even pearl jam (those were the last so called "super groups" in the mainstream market). [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]
            I would also put them in a higher ranking than the other bands mentioned. I have their first album and really dug the Superman song when I first heard it. I got the cd shortly after that and thought it was a very good album. The songs I've heard off the second album were pretty good, too.
            I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

i saw them play live opening for creed. they cranked. i picked up the their first album and wondered what happened to the guitars (altlhough the songs are pretty good); thought the second was a bit weak (no balls and tired songs). haven't heard the new one yet.

Comment

Working...
              X