Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

5 years of good, solid, metal education.....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 5 years of good, solid, metal education.....

The first pic is my daughter, Courtney, at about age 4 in my old house. She's holding a 7-string Schecter that I used to own. The 2nd and 3rd pics are from this Xmas, age 9, when we bought her her first official electric guitar. It's a Daisy Rock and pretty decent for under 400 bones.
    This is what you get when you teach your kids the metal sign early and then reinforce it with frequent doses of Metalicca, Pantera, Dream Theater, and Yngwie. She's feeling a bit jealous being that her baby sister will be arriving in the next two months so I thought I'd give her some advertising. Hey Courtney, you'll always be Daddy's little girl. I love you kiddo!

Re: 5 years of good, solid, metal education.....

Very cool.

Comment

Adorable!
      Occupy JCF

Comment

Haha, nice dude. I got my 5 year old nephew runnin round the house headbangin, singing Master Of Puppets and strummin the guitar. My other brother actually taught him to play a little bass. He's got the technique goin on already [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] The only guitarist he knows too is Dimebag (I'm a huge Pantera fan and goddamn it rubbed off on him nicely) I swear, his mom told me he went nuts at his house just runnin round, headbangin and flashing the metal horns, lol. I love that kid, he wants me to teach him guitar. God bless dude, keep em in the music as long as they show interest.

Comment

Heheh, looks like she's a Schecter and Daisy Rock fan for life. Same company anyways! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

I remember when you posted that first picture before. Such a cutie pie. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Man, I wish I received my first guitar for my 9th Christmas... Stupid me didn't start until 8 Christmases later... [img]/images/graemlins/eek.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

haha. That's precious!

My girl got her first acoustic when she was 8, learned the open position notes on the top two strings and has barely touched in the 2 years since. Tried all sorts of approaches to get her interested, but I think she likes the idea of playing guitar like Dad more than the reality of it. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

My boy is 5 and he loves to flash the horns. Air guitars in the back seat of the car too, much to his mother's chagrin [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
            Hail yesterday

Comment

That's awesome! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

How friggin cute is she?
                Way to go Tom, start em early
                If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Good work Dad!
                  ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

What a cutie! She reminds me of my niece Jessica slightly. Good work passing on the metal lore!
                    Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Looks like she learned to tuck that thumb in! [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

1st pic: "I love you"
                      3rd pic: "METAL"
                      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

That's awesome! I just had a daughter in Nov. As it's the only child my wife and I are having, I was really hoping for a boy. But I guess chicks can rock too! I just played my acoustic for her last weekend and she loved it - laughing, smiling, etc. Hopefully she'll be interested when the time comes to try teaching her.
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Thanks and yes, Ron, I did work to correct her errant thumb placement, he he. Funny story.....a couple of years ago we walked into a mall music store; probably FYE or something. I told her to go the one of the employees and ask them if they had any Pantera. She did....I was standing far enough away that it looked more like Courtney was just with MY mom. The employee did a double take, said, "uhhhhh...yeah..they're are right over there..." and pointed to the metal section. We had a good laugh out of it.
                          Courtney too, likes Pantera and Metallica. Here faves are "5 Minutes Alone" and "Sad but True".

Comment

HA! That's awesome! Good job man!

- Joel
                            RIP Donny Swanstrom...JCF bro
                            RIP Dime

Comment

Awesome! I have a niece that is 1.5 years old that loves my guitars, and she can even strum with a pick after I showed her. I got a little mini guitar that I am gonna teach her on as soon as she is old enough to understand how to play.

Comment

Working...
                              X