Ebay Being Sued

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ebay Being Sued

SAN FRANCISCO, Calif. (MarketWatch) - EBay was sued Wednesday by a California law firm whose clients allege that the online marketplace illegally forces up prices paid for the items auctioned on its site.
    Ebay
    www.reverbnation.com/rokhollywood

www.facebook.com/Rok Hollywood

www.facebook.com/rokhollywood2

www.facebook.com/RokHollywoodFans

Re: Ebay Being Sued

[img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]

Pat

Comment

Man, I wish eBay would have done some shill bidding on my last couple of auctions--I could have used the help! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Oh please. This is fuckin' retarded. And lawyers wonder why people hate their sorry asses so much. To all the lawyers in the world:

<font color="red"> F U C K Y O U !</font>

PS - to any of you JCFers that are lawyers, as long as you don't pursue this sort of nonsense you are exempted from being an ass (at least for being a lawyer, you could still be an ass).
        I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Best quote from the article:

[ QUOTE ]
          Ebay shares rose 56 cents to $41.66 in Wednesday trading.

[/ QUOTE ]

- Newc

Comment

This represents the same kind of thinking seen here by posters who've spoken out against sniping at the end of an auction - in other words, not much...
            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Just to be clear, I didn't even read the article, and most likely won't. I was just happy that eBay's getting sued, for anything really. I don't care... Just nice to see.

Pat

Please don't make me read it! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

They're saying that Ebay forces the bids up by
                their messages saying you're one bid away from being outbid, that that is "forcing" you to bid higher.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Just to be clear, I didn't even read the article, and most likely won't. I was just happy that eBay's getting sued, for anything really. I don't care... Just nice to see.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Why on earth would you be happy to see another waste of our tax dollars on a bullshit lawsuit?

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    They're saying that Ebay forces the bids up by
                    their messages saying you're one bid away from being outbid, that that is "forcing" you to bid higher.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've never received one of these messages. Is this common?
                    My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Yer missing my point Tim.

Pat

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Yer missing my point Tim.

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

Apparently. Care to elaborate for us slow folks? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]
                          They're saying that Ebay forces the bids up bytheir messages saying you're one bid away from being outbid, that that is "forcing" you to bid higher.

[/ QUOTE ]I've never received one of these messages. Is this common?

[/ QUOTE ]You get the message when you bid, and it either tells you you're now the high bidder or you've been outbid and will have to bid higher. They've now modded that so if you bid and are JUST the high bidder by one bid increment, then it tells you you're high bidder but the next bid increment will outbid you once again.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            [ QUOTE ]
                            Yer missing my point Tim.Pat

[/ QUOTE ]Apparently. Care to elaborate for us slow folks? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]He hates Ebay, so the enemy of his enemy is his friend!
                            Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

just wondering, how do our tax dollars play into this? and i'm not being funny, or kidding, i'm just wondering.

Comment

Working...
                              X