Are there any....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Are there any....

Guitar Vids that teach advanced metal guitar techniques? I know there are lots of shred/lead videos out there, but I am looking for something that teaches advanced rhythm guitar... Do videos like this exist and if so, where can I find them?
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: Are there any....

I bilieve there is one that teaches the James Hetfield method of rhythem guitar. I saw the video a long time ago and I can't remember who put it out. The production on it was pretty low budget, but it was full of good info. The guitarist who was on the video, if this helps ID it any, is your typical long hair 80's metal dude. He's playing through a modified Marshall half stack, (JCM 800?). His guitars are custom Strat style one buckers with natural finishes, (unpainted). He does a pretty good job explaining things and I learned a few techniques I would have never known if not for watching the vid. He also explained why I kept getting cricks in my neck at night. I was playing tense. Speed picking a million miles an hour and tensing up. That saved me a trip to the doc.

I hope this helps. I'm sure somebody around here can go off of what I posted and give you the exact info on the tape/DVD.

Good luck.

SARJ

Comment

Working...
    X