The Oscars

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Oscars

I ended up watching the awards tonight. No surprises at all really. Fairly boring, Santana and Antonio Banderas did a very good job with that spanish song that won. I hate Beyonce Knowles...why on earth they let that ugly bitch sing 3 out of the 5 songs up for nomination is mind boggling.

Also...did anyone else notice how they seemed obsessed with the Terminator 2 theme song throughout the entire show? I heard it at least 4 different times I think.

Re: The Oscars

Actually the theme is originally from The Terminator (1984).
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

eh...same song at any rate

Comment

I know; I felt like picking nits! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

i don't know how anyone can watch it... its insanely boring

Comment

well I was insanely bored tonight. GF worked until 11. An dI'm all out of booze. I baked fukking muffins today it was so pathetic. oversized cinnabon muffins. They're fukking good too.

Comment

haha nice... I always make stuff like that; muffins, cinnamon rolls, etc., make for good munchies

Comment

One of the Oscar winners is an former customer of mine from plumbing days!

Valli O'Reilly is a makeup artist; I didn't even notice what film she won for, was just surprised she was up for an Oscar much less that she won it! Nice girl and easy on the eyes too... It's cool to see one of the good people win.
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

Lemony Snicket

http://us.imdb.com/title/tt0339291/awards

I was planning to check this out this week.

Pic of Valli with her Oscar CLICK HERE

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    I hate Beyonce Knowles...why on earth they let that ugly bitch sing 3 out of the 5 songs up for nomination is mind boggling.

[/ QUOTE ] Ugly bitch? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Are you out of your fukking mind bro? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, she's a real barker. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]
                    Scott
                    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [ QUOTE ]
                      I hate Beyonce Knowles...why on earth they let that ugly bitch sing 3 out of the 5 songs up for nomination is mind boggling.

[/ QUOTE ] Ugly bitch? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Are you out of your fukking mind bro? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Yeah, she's a real barker. [img]/images/graemlins/fart.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

....and a fine ghetto booty added to the mix. If Jay-Z hadn't already tainted her, I'd hit it. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Halle Berry's acceptance speech for her Razzie was waaaaay more entertaining than watching the MPAA kiss the pampered asses of the rich and dimwitted.
                        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The MPAA? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] No, they didn't have anything to do with it. I think you mean AMPAS, the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences.

The little barb between Chris Rock and Sean Penn was amusing. The bit where Chris Rock went to the real movie theater to interview real moviegoers (who hadn't seen any of the nominated movies) was pretty funny. Jamie Foxx's acceptance speech was really great (but maybe it has more meaning to me as a Southerner). Nice montage to Johnny Carson, glad they didn't do one for Reagan or Chris Reeve. Robin Williams was supposed to do a musical bit which got axed, I would've liked to see that instead of his standard dick jokes.

I haven't seen Million Dollar Baby (and probably won't because I'm kinda offended, for no reason really, that the title is too close to the Alice Cooper song) but the in the clips they showed, Hilary Swank's southern accent was truly horrible. She only won for Boys Don't Cry because of the role, which practically anybody could have played and also won the Oscar. She's got a great attitude about giving her all to a role, but she's really not that good at acting.
                          please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

Beyonce looks like a character from the musical cats...only she doesn't need any make up. I don't like her at all...her looks, or her personality. She sucks.

Comment

Beyonce...ugh...her voice is mediocre at best.

Sean Pen...waaaa...i'm a cry baby...waaaa...

If Santana and Antonio would have started to play The Cup of Life by Ricky Martin...now THAT would have been funny!

Comment

Working...
                              X