Effe Fox.. Cancelling Arrested Development

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Effe Fox.. Cancelling Arrested Development

I sat through a couple of episodes of 'Arrested' I think that the show just plain stunk. Apparently, I'm not the only one. I really can't understand what all of the critical claim is about? I really hate it when the critics and mags etc try and force feed a bad show on the public by dubbing it the 'best show you aren't watching' etc. IMO, that show deserved to be cancelled.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I guess it's another program like Greg the Bunny where the fans of the show will have to enjoy it on DVD.

[/ QUOTE ]

Man, I loved that show. The turtle was awesome, especially when he sang The Quiet Song.
      Don't forget the corn. It's nutritious, delicious, and ribbed for her pleasure.

Comment

I thought Arrested Development was a funny and clever show--but maybe not 'laugh-out-loud' enough for most viewers. I suppose it could get picked up by a cable network, but it would have to be soon--once a show gets cancelled, the actors and crew tend to start looking for other work, and that makes it difficult to restart a show after awhile. Being animated, Family Guy obviously didn't have that same problem...

Personally, I'm pissed that "Enterprise" was cancelled. Does that make me a geek? Yes, I guess it does. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I sat through a couple of episodes of 'Arrested' I think that the show just plain stunk. Apparently, I'm not the only one. I really can't understand what all of the critical claim is about? I really hate it when the critics and mags etc try and force feed a bad show on the public by dubbing it the 'best show you aren't watching' etc. IMO, that show deserved to be cancelled.

[/ QUOTE ]

I fully understand different sense of humor.. I personally cringe when something like Friends comes on... I am a big Curb Your enthusiasim fan though. I am a very big fan of David Cross and he is awesome in this show although his performance in Just Shoot Me as Elliot's retarded brother was classic..

Just wondering what shows do you find funny?
          I keep the bible in a pool of blood
          So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

I am a big fan of Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Seinfeld. I agree with you, David Cross on Just Shoot Me was one of the funniest episodes of any show, of all time. 'My pants are tight' I nearly pee'd my pants during that episode. Right now I find Still Standing and Two and a Half Men to be pretty funny shows. 2 1/2 Men I guess would be the standout, on regular, not pay TV.

Comment

Never saw 2½" Men to be honest... I am actually suprised you don't like Arrested though what episodes did you see...

I personally found some things so funny in that show I mean laugh out loud such as in the pilot

Michael approaches his brother GOB on the boardwalk setting up his magic show for some children

Michael: "So Gob are you still doing your tricks"
              GOB : These are illusions Michael, not tricks... Tricks are what a hooker does for money"

Children looking on with a shocked expression gasping

GOB (to children): "or cocaine"
              I keep the bible in a pool of blood
              So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Working...
              X