Angel of Retribution: new Judas Priest out today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Angel of Retribution: new Judas Priest out today

just listened to the new priest. after 2 spins, my initial opinion is its good, but not classic. the solos are back, rob's voice is in great shape; but the material is a little patchy. all in all, keeps the legacy alive, but not essential or classic.

Re: Angel of Retribution: new Judas Priest out today

Its been available for download on the net for about 2 months............

Comment

Re: Angel of Retribution: new Judas Priest out to

I just purchased it this morning and have only had time for a brief listen. There were a couple of songs that stood out. I will have more time to get into it tonight.

Comment

I was going to start a thread on this....pays to use the Search option. I just purchased today and thought would I post. Did not know about the online version. At any rate a solid effort from the Priest. Judas Rising is my favorite. Eulogy is a haunting, albeit quick song. An interesting note I bought the CD/DVD combo which has the CD on one side with DVD on the other. This may have been done before, however I find it a cool format. A slight warning as they say not all cd/dvd players may be compatible.

Hopefully this will abruptly end pop and (c)rap and get us back to the halcyon days of metal. What am I saying...technically all I listen to is early Priest, Motorhead, VH and Ozzy with Randy of course. Just happy to see the Priest back !! [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img] and [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] Oh Yeah !!!

Comment

The title track has been on the radio for a least a month in beantown. Seems like average priest to me, but I am not a big fan (better than what metallica is doing though!!!!).
          "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

I like it so far.... Kind of reminds me of old Prist meets the Painkiller era. Seems cool.

@ Accept2 - The only song I know of that has been available on the Judas Priest site is "Retribution".

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              @ Accept2 - The only song I know of that has been available on the Judas Priest site is "Retribution".

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything you ever need is on Usenet, not a website........

Comment

I saw a video for one of the new tunes the other day... sounded just like Jane's Addiction's Mountain Song!
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Like Accept2 said, the whole album was on internet like 2months.
                  Just like BLS's new album,Steve Vai's new album and John Norum's New album.
                  These were downloadable many weeks ago before the original release date.

I didn't like the album.
                  I'd say the half of the album was good. couple of great songs but as for the whole album, it is bit boring considering Rob's first album with Priest in 10-12years?.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    it is bit boring considering Rob's first album with Priest in 10-12years?.

[/ QUOTE ]
                    15 years. Painkiller came out in 1990.
                    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Clearly I am out of touch. I rarely listen to the radio these days. However it is still the Priest and I am glad to hear my favorite band !!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        halcyon days

[/ QUOTE ]

Cool, you used halcyon in a sentence! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

We need more intelligent guys around here, welcome! [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]
                        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Everything you ever need is on Usenet, not a website........

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, those overbloated aging millionaires don't need all that money from album sales - they have that Musician's Welfare thing [img]/images/graemlins/eyes.gif[/img]
                          I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Actually musicians get the majority of their money from touring. The record companies and producers are the ones that actually get rich from record sales........

Comment

You're mostly right, but even at a buck an album or whatever it still adds up when being a musician is your only job. That said, I now mostly copy music, but go to concerts all the time.

Comment

Working...
                              X