Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: fav. musicians

Vocals
    Rod Stewart, Sebastian Bach, Fredie Mercury, Jon Bon Jovi, Steve Perry, Michael Matijevic (this man has a range), Karen Carpenter ( laugh it up, but her voice is silky smooth)

Bass
    Michael Anthony, Jeff Pilson(under rated), Jason Newstead, Billy Sheehan, Gene Simmons (once you get past his greed he's a pretty good bass player)

Drums
    Wild Mick Brown, Tommy Lee, Eric Carr, Tommy Aldridge(sp?), the old Lars Ulrich from the 80s, Matt Sorum

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      James Dewar

[/ QUOTE ]

Hippietim

Who was James Dewar? He sounds familiar. Robin Trower?
      Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Wynton Marsalis
        Vladimir Ashkenazy (piano)
        Jeff Loomis
        Mike Akerfeldt
        Anders "blakkheim" Nystrom
        David and Vincent Cavanaugh
        Yo Yo Ma
        Isahnn and Samoth
        Jeff Walker/ Michael Amott
        Garm (Arcturus)

the list goes on. I just appreciate good music.

Comment

Singer: Chuck Billy

Bass: Being a bass player there are to many to list.

Drummer, Hands Down: Shannon Larkin
          "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

vocals: Klause Meine, Corey Glover, Chris Cornell
            guitar: Vai, Lynch, Vernon Reid,Reb Beach(not kidding), Marty Friedman, the list is endless...basically anyone better than me....which is everybody.
            Bass: Claypool, Sheehan, Doug Wimbish
            Keys: The guy who plays with Yngwie on the G3 DVD is awesome, and Tony McAlpine has some skills, and of course NIgel Tufnel's "lick my love pump"

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              [ QUOTE ]
              James Dewar

[/ QUOTE ]

Hippietim

Who was James Dewar? He sounds familiar. Robin Trower?

[/ QUOTE ]

You got it. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/band.gif[/img]
              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

In no particular order

Bass: Billy Sheehan, Stu Hamm, Les Claypool, John Myung, Tony Levin

Keys: Jens Johannsen, Jorden Rudess

Drums: Mike Portnoy, Alex Van Halen, Deen Castronovo

Vocals: Dio, Dickinson, James LaBrie, Coverdale, Jeff Scott Soto

Comment

singers-Robert Plant, Mick Jagger,Roger Daltrey,David Lee Roth,Steve Tyler,Tony Harnell, Jimi Hendrix, Chris Robinson (black crowes), Layne Staley.

drummers- Keith Moon, Terry Bozzio, Stewart Copeland, Simon Philips, John Bonham, Neil Peart, Alex Van Halen, Bobby Blotzer.

Bass-John Entwistle, John Paul Jones, Stanley Clark, the guy in Hot Tuna, what's his name? jack cassidy that's it!!
                  the billy sheehans, etc. etc. etc.
                  Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

singers - Frank sinatra, Geoff Tate, Devin Townsend, Ozzy, Matt Barlow, Angela Gossow.

Guitarists - Zakk Wylde, Alex Skolnick, Alexi Laiho, Rusty Cooley, Mille Petrozza, Michael Angelo, Dimebag, Chris Ammott, Pat O'Brien, Steve Vai, Randy Rhoads, Stevie Ray Vaughan, BB King.
                    93 USA Soloist EDS
                    USA HT6 Juggernaut
                    Charvel DK24FR

Comment

Non-guitar thread. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Vocals - Geoff Tate, Plant, Coverdale, Halford

Bass - Geddy Lee, Billy Sheehan, Chris Squire, John Alderete

Drums - PEART, PEART, PEART. Oh, and Scott Travis, Mike Portnoy, Stewart Copeland. Did I mention Neil Peart? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Keys? I guess Rick Wakeman, Jan Hammer, Jens Johanssen.
                      Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

Vocals: Halford, Klaus Meine, Tom Araya, Dio, Jeff Keith (Tesla), Sammy Hagar, Coverdale, Robert Plant, John Bush

Bass: My God!No one mentioned Geezer Butler? He and Steve Harris are my favorites. Lemme gets the 'best rythm guitarist posing as a Bassist' Award [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Drums : Carmine Appice, Vinny Appice, Scott Travis, there is something intriguing to me about Dave Holland's style I have never put my finger on, but I think his drumming makes the 80s priest tunes stick to your ribs.

Keyboards: Don Airey (he is on Judas Priest's 'Angel of Retribution' too for effect, I dunno if he does the Eulogy track) and Geoff Nicholls. I'm not a huge fan of keys a la Yes or Emerson, Lake and P.
                        When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

Guitar: Rustey Cooley, Buckethead
                          Keyboard: Keith Emerson

Comment

cool thread...

But I'm too overwhelmed to start spewing names..

well I just woke up...

[img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Off the top of my head...

Vocals: Ross Dolan(IMMOLATION), Roger Daltry(The Who), Matt Pike(High On Fire), David Gilmour(Pink Floyd), Barney Greenway(Napalm Death)

Bass: John Entwhistle(The Who), Ben Marlin(Disgorge, CA), Alex Webster(Cannibal Corpse), Les Claypool(Primus), Steve Harris(Iron Maiden), Jawsh(Cephalic Carnage)

Drums: Kyle Severn(Incantation), Ricky Meyers(Disgorge, CA), Keith Moon(The Who), Alex Bytnar(DUDEFUCKINHELLYEAH!), John Bonham(Led Zepplin), Neil Peart(Rush), John Merryman(Cephalic Carnage), Tony Laureano(Nile, Angelcorpse), Mike Hamilton(Deeds Of Flesh)

Keys(Organ and piano, digital keyboards are ghey): Jake Cavalier(The Lords Of Altamont), Richard Wright(Pink Floyd), Elton John, Jerry Lee Lewis, the dude from Steppenwolf

Comment

Fiddle: Charlie Daniles

Comment

Working...
                                X