• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• U2 Tickets... WTF?!?!?!?!?!

$162 and $97 EACH??????????

WTF is that all about?

Pat

Re: U2 Tickets... WTF?!?!?!?!?!

That's the same reason I refuse to see Metallica.

Comment

WOW U2 has always demanded a high ticket price but that is insane
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

My wife and I have tickets to the Paris show on July 9th at the Stade De France. We bought them as an airfare/hotel/concert package - I think it should be a fun show.

Prices for the Toronto show are $51 - $170.

I have to take her to U2 so I can go see Priest with a buddy when they hit Canada or the USA. Compromises. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

This is what happens when you win a Grammy for no reason whatsoever. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]
          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

Typically, bands at that level charge the promoter an flat fee--regardless of what the show actually draws--and the promoter then sets the ticket price on their own. Which explains why prices vary so much between different cities on the same tour.

While those tickets prices are high, U2 appeals to an upscale demographic by rock band standards--probably just a tad lower than all those cash-flush boomers that have been willing to pay big bucks to see the Stones, Simon & Garfunkel, the Eagles, etc. I have no doubt that those U2 tickets will sell well. Promoters don't get to the level of booking arena/stadium shows by being stupid...

Comment

Yeah really. With all their fans being like the CEOs of Yahoo, Ebay, and Napster, I'd charge them out the ass as well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

Hell, you're not just seeing your everyday rock band! Bono's nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize this year and is on the short list of candidates to be the new head of the World Bank! I imagine he'll be Secretary General of the UN soon...
                Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  This is what happens when you win a Grammy for no reason whatsoever. [img]/images/graemlins/smirk.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Just like a previous poster said - just like Metallica [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Actually, I'd much rather see U2 than Metallica. Unless Metallica promised not to play anything after Master of Puppets.
                  I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

U2 are garbage.They haven't had a decent song out in 15 years. Anyone stupid enough to pay that much to see them is getting ripped off, and deserves it.

Bono is a complete egomaniacal fag.
                    Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Please tell me Lerx is kidding about the world bank.

God help us all...

And I agree with Zeeg on the opinion of Bono, though he's just the outspoken one in the group. People with only one name in history are typically egoManiacal. Prince, Madonna, Edge, Bono...no small egos in that house.
                      When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

U2 has this perception of being "for the people", fight for the oppressed (help help Im being oppressed), help the poor, blah blah blah but it's just a crock of shit. They are charging 1,000,000 a ticket because they figure they can get it.

I remember last year when Bono showed up in all his glory to visit our prime minister and "discuss the situation in africa". Fuck off you prancing fag. Global scarcity and politics and difficult choices is a serious matter, for actual leaders, not for some tit singer of a rock band. Pop music will solve exactly zero of the worlds problems.

Comment

He should focus some of that energy in solving problems in Ireland.
                          My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Fuck off you prancing fag.....not for some tit singer of a rock band.

[/ QUOTE ]
                            [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            Amen.
                            Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

There not that good.

Comment

Working...
                              X