Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2 Tickets... WTF?!?!?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
    Europeans are typically taught that we are a bunch of knuckle-dragging religious wacko slaveowners who are constantly ducking gunfire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in Virginia and that's what we were taught as well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

i grew up in nyc, so the gunfire is understandable. knuckles dragging is another story.
      how do you tell the queen of poland from a polish peasant woman?
      the queen never dunks her donut past the knuckles.
      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        Europeans are typically taught that we are a bunch of knuckle-dragging religious wacko slaveowners who are constantly ducking gunfire.

[/ QUOTE ]

I grew up in Virginia and that's what we were taught as well [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, everyone south of about Fredericksburg, Virginia *is* such a person, aren't they? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

J/K. Actually, I grew up in Oregon, not Virginia where I currently reside. And some of the folks up in the misty hills of the Coast Range in Oregon have knuckles that are pretty darn close to the ground...

Comment

I have new found respect for Garth Brooks-and that is saying alot.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Well, they think they know more than us, at any rate. Of course, they are more than happy to bitch at us from the comfort of our nuclear umbrella, aren't they?...

[/ QUOTE ]

Thats pretty much it actually. Come to think of it, many Canucks have smug and snotty attitudes about Yanks, and we can't back a word of it up.

The US has som real lows, but it also has some amazing achievements as well. I have been really impressed with the spirit and quality of the people I have met while in the US, among many other things (great cities, some great architecture etc). Beautiful country too.

As for U2, I said nothing their music, I just find it irritating and sad that a singer for a pop band is parading around on the world political stage like a fool. It's an ugly sight. Get the hell out of our parliament buildings and back on MTV where you belong, clown.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              Or, as Austin Powers's father says, "There are only two things I hate; those who are intolerant of other people's cultures.....and the Dutch." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

"Izn't dat veird?" [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Hey, like I always say: If It Ain't Dutch, It Ain't Much!
              "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
              X