• Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2 Tickets... WTF?!?!?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
    There not that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're better than your spelling [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
    I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      [ QUOTE ]
      There not that good.

[/ QUOTE ]

They're better than your spelling [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Unfortunately, Lerx was not kidding:

http://www.newkerala.com/news-daily/...lnews&id=81881
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Hell, it looks like anyone with a face can apply for that job.
          http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Hell, you're not just seeing your everyday rock band! Bono's nominated for a Nobel Peace Prize this year and is on the short list of candidates to be the new head of the World Bank! I imagine he'll be Secretary General of the UN soon...

[/ QUOTE ]

That's it I completely give up on humanity.

U2 sucks!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              People with only one name in history are typically egoManiacal. Prince, Madonna, Edge, Bono...no small egos in that house.

[/ QUOTE ]

You left out Tiffany!! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

All kidding aside though, I think ticket prices in general are ridiculous. The only shows I go to anymore are at small to mid-size local venues. There are exceptions to every rule, but generally I find that the music is better, the musicians are more down to earth, and much more acessible to their fans, and tix are most always under $25. No way I'm paying $150+ to see somebody who used to be cool, my love for nostalgia is not THAT great. When you add in that you have to pay $6-$8 for a beer, and miss half the show waiting in line to get it, you can count me out.

Jake

Comment

http://www.soundsoftheundergroundtour.com/

18 bands....all better than U2...ticket prices are supposed to be under 30 bucks. I would pay 100 dollars just to see Opeth.

Comment

U2= [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sick.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/sleep.gif[/img] Snoozefest '05. Oh, the horror.
                  Scott
                  Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

I'm slightly suprised to see ticket prices that high, but I wouldn't expect any less from U2. Hasn't arena concert attendance dropped significantly over the last few years? Tickets for everything are getting out of hand and people just aren't buying them. They even cancelled Lollapalooza last year and I thought that would sell just fine.

Comment

supply and demand..

Those tickets will be sold out in 15 minutes.

Comment

Bono needs money to save the world.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Fuck off you prancing fag. Global scarcity and politics and difficult choices is a serious matter, for actual leaders, not for some tit singer of a rock band. Pop music will solve exactly zero of the worlds problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

That is by far the most accurate and articulate statement I have ever read on the internet. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

Holy Crap! With some of the opinions of U2 on this thread, I would think some of you found the band gang-banging your Woman. I guess only if Kurt Cobain grew his head back and reunited for a Nirvana tour, it would get this pissy. U2 is one of a handful bands (can’t think of another?) who can command those ticket prices and sell out in most cities. I think just between Chicago & Boston there are 8 shows.
                            For one minute, you don’t think Van Halen would not have charged that amount for a ticket, if they thought they could? Ain’t gonna happen. I would consider dropping that kind of coin on VH if D.L. Roth was back with them, but VH in my view has not put out a good disk since Dave left. Despite Bono’s Supreme Being persona, I can live with that compaired to Eddie pimping his guitars on eBay. To me it is sad to see a Guitar Legend like Eddie do something like that, unless proceeds went to a charity. As hard it may be to swallow for some of you, when all’s said & done, U2 will be considered one of the greatest bands ever, even if Bono is a fag (I thought the dude from J. Priest was the Fag?) Any band that has been together for 20 plus years deserves a tip of the hat.

Disclaimer: In the sprite of Hippie Tim who will voice his opinion despite the popularity of others views, I could careless what people think about U2. If you don’t like them, so be it, to each their own. I bought 3 tickets to see the second show in Seattle, and was lucky to even get tickets. I’m taking my 2 daughters for their first concert. I’m sure they would rather see 50 cent, but that is not going to happen. I’m too old for rap and too old to be throwing horns in a mosh pit, so U2 it is.
                            ...that taste like tart, lemon yogart

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              Disclaimer: In the sprite of Hippie Tim who will voice his opinion despite the popularity of others views, I could careless what people think about U2.

[/ QUOTE ]

Actually, truth be told I don't much like Sprite. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] I'm more of an unsweetened iced tea or Diet Coke person.

Having said that, I think U2 is a great band. Good songs that have stood the test of time. Works for me. As for Bono and his politics. I don't know of any harm he's done. If being a pompous ass is enough for you guys to not like a band then you must not like many bands. I find the actions of many other rock stars far more reprehensible than anything Bono has ever done. I don't pay attention to the damn words anyhow so I don't care what they sing.

Edge is a great guitarist. He doesn't have the virtuoso chops of any of our shredding heroes but the Edge brings a very unique style to the table with lots of innovative ideas. And his stuff is harder to play convincingly than you think.

To those of you calling Bono a fag, whatever. You're the fag. As ABSOLUT CHARVEL pointed, one of the greatest metal singers of all time is a rump wrangler. Who the fuck cares?
                              I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

ahlert deh gramer pulis.

Day kum 2 tak u 2 prizen bich!

An another note,
                                "Fuck off you prancing fag. Global scarcity and politics and difficult choices is a serious matter, for actual leaders, not for some tit singer of a rock band. Pop music will solve exactly zero of the worlds problems. "

I don't know if you've looked at our government (probably do, Canadians and most every other country know more than the average American) but we're not solving any of the worlds problems either.

If Bono wants to wear red yellow and blue and fly around, jump from building to building in a single bound, and fly faster than a speeding bullet, let him.

To those of you calling Bono a fag, whatever. You're the fag. As ABSOLUT CHARVEL pointed, one of the greatest metal singers of all time is a rump wrangler. Who the fuck cares? "

Tim, I don't think you should call fellow board members fags...unless you're really bono! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                                X