Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: U2 Tickets... WTF?!?!?!?!?!

[ QUOTE ]
    I remember last year when Bono showed up in all his glory to visit our prime minister and "discuss the situation in africa". Fuck off you prancing fag. Global scarcity and politics and difficult choices is a serious matter, for actual leaders, not for some tit singer of a rock band. Pop music will solve exactly zero of the worlds problems.

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/stupid.gif[/img] [Ed McMahon]You are correct sir!!![/Ed McMahon] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I don't know if you've looked at our government (probably do, Canadians and most every other country know more than the average American) but we're not solving any of the worlds problems either.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, they think they know more than us, at any rate. Of course, they are more than happy to bitch at us from the comfort of our nuclear umbrella, aren't they?...

Frankly, I think our current administration has worked foreign-policy wonders given the difficult world situation and lack of reliable allies. Now if they would just stop spending my tax money like a drunken sailor on welfare giveaways and domestic pork projects...

[ QUOTE ]
      If Bono wants to wear red yellow and blue and fly around, jump from building to building in a single bound, and fly faster than a speeding bullet, let him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Didn't David Lee Roth already do that stuff onstage? [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] If Bono had an ounce of irony or perspective in him, he would laugh off all of this World Bank talk and worry more about making songs with actual hooks and melodies and stuff.

[ QUOTE ]
      To those of you calling Bono a fag, whatever. You're the fag. As ABSOLUT CHARVEL pointed, one of the greatest metal singers of all time is a rump wrangler. Who the fuck cares? "

[/ QUOTE ]

As I'm sure you're aware, "fag" has a literal meaning ("bundle of sticks"), a figurative meaning ("homosexual man"), and a rhetorical usage ("dumbsh*t!") I doubt that anyone here was using the first two meanings of the word, or gives a crap about who/what Bono does in his bedroom.

Comment

When I say Bono is a fag, of course I don't mean he literally likes to smoke pole, but rather that he is an annoying self-important posing dipshit. I for one don't care if someone is a homosexual.
        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Well, they think they know more than us, at any rate. Of course, they are more than happy to bitch at us from the comfort of our nuclear umbrella, aren't they?...

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I must be smarter than a least one American, wouldn't you think? Thanks for the umbrella though. It has come in handy keeping the acid rain, caused by your border town factories, from falling on my tulips. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
          Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Well, I'm actually English, so there is no question that I am smarter. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Well, that explains why you dislike Boner so much. lol
              Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

Pro, I did not say our current administration. I don't want to turn the thread into a political debate.

However, the fact remains, quite a few people who do not live in the states, know more about it, than a lot of Americans. Polls are done every so often by someone at some point (I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about.) and people are asked questions, who is the vice pres. You would be suprised at how many people, regardless of registration, had not a fucking clue.

Again, I'm not saying anything about anyones political beliefs. I was just pointing out that there are quite a few more people who are way more informed on our government, than we our.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  However, the fact remains, quite a few people who do not live in the states, know more about it, than a lot of Americans. Polls are done every so often by someone at some point (I'm sure you'll know what I'm talking about.) and people are asked questions, who is the vice pres. You would be suprised at how many people, regardless of registration, had not a fucking clue.

[/ QUOTE ]

I must have misunderstood your original post--sorry. I think I got up on the wrong side of the bed today--it's just been crappy all around.

On your point, there was a very interesting book recently by a German fellow who, after spending a lot of time in the USA, wrote about some of the amazing misconceptions about us that Europeans have. Sorry, I don't remember too many of the details, but it was basically along the lines that Europeans are typically taught that we are a bunch of knuckle-dragging religious wacko slaveowners who are constantly ducking gunfire.

Obviously, most Europeans have never been to the USA, and their notions about us are formed by what they see in the Euro media, which is often hilariously slanted and inaccurate.

I certainly have no argument with your point that too many Americans are ignorant of our own country, culture, and history. Our schools seem designed to create a bunch of ignorant wimps who *feel really good about themselves*... [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Well, I'm actually English, so there is no question that I am smarter. [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

And more modest, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] I must be smarter than a least one American, wouldn't you think? Thanks for the umbrella though. It has come in handy keeping the acid rain, caused by your border town factories, from falling on my tulips. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, I give in--you might be smarter than *one* American. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

I'm an easygoing guy. Or, as Austin Powers's father says, "There are only two things I hate; those who are intolerant of other people's cultures.....and the Dutch." [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Ok, I give in--you might be smarter than *one* American. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I can live with that.
                        Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Europeans are typically taught that we are a bunch of knuckle-dragging religious wacko slaveowners who are constantly ducking gunfire.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sorry, I didn't catch that. I was busy ripping down a bamboo tree with my bare hands to beat John Brown with for firing off an AR-15 at my Jimmy Swaggart rally.

Comment

jimmyb,
                            you're smarter than me, i am the 1 american.
                            i like some of U2's old tunes. in fact , i like alot of them. i like disco, jazz, blues, hard rock, metal, top 40, if a song is good, it's good. if it sucks you turn the station. whatever floats your meat wand.
                            Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And more modest, too. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, without question! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Haha, even though we disagree, this has turned out to be a good thread. [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

While it is true that (IMO) some of U2s older songs were indeed bordering on genius, their newer offerings have been uninspiring, posturing, I-am-a-huge-rockstar drivel (again IMO). And let's face it, how are we supposed to take Bono seriously. He's supposed to be so concerned about the welfare of less fortunates, but unless I am mistaken, he is still filthy stinkin' rich, and still commands ludicrous prices for concert tickets. Does 50% of the ticket sales get donated to worthy causes? More likely it buys Bono more leather pants and stupid sunglasses. With all that money, you would think he could afford a good shave.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Name one American that didn't ride the short bus that you are smarter than. And don't bother saying me because there's no way you are smarterer than me [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                                I want REAL change. I want dead bodies littering the capitol.

- Newc

Comment

Working...
                                X