Return of the WHA??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Return of the WHA??

I hope Cheli drops some of his chili on his foot and it eats through his shoe.
    Occupy JCF

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I hope Cheli drops some of his chili on his foot and it eats through his shoe.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok, that made me laugh. I knew it was only a matter of time before you had something to say.

Were you at all happy when Probert became a Black Hawk?
      http://www.jacknapalm.com/

Comment

Yes and no. Yes happy he was a Blackhawk. No because sadly enough it was the fact that he was high is what made him so damn fierce.
        Occupy JCF

Comment

Be insteresting to see what happens, even if the only result is to motivate some movement to resolve stuff in the NHL.

Here, a local channel has been televising all the local team's ECHL games, so that has helped a tiny little bit. And by tiny little bit, I mean sort of like the patch helps a tiny little bit if you aren't smoking. Or pretending that you're having sex with a blowup sheep doll is almost like doing Charlize Theron. But I digress.

Our ECHL team even won the Dinkleberry Cup last year, or whatever the hell they call it.

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Dude, don't rag on the Everblades! I've got an authentic home jersey of them. They're actually a pretty good team.
            Occupy JCF

Comment

Just being silly, of course.

The arena is about 6 miles from my house. Not a season ticket holder (at least not until my son is a little older) but we go often. I've even hauled him up there for the Hurricanes' training and exhibition games against my Panthers*. (In fact, between the Hurricanes and the Sox being here, you'd think this was some kind of happening place or something.)

I even skated with a few of the 'Blades players a couple of years ago. Really nice guys, and I was all fanboy excited to see them. They were putting in some extra practice, I was trying (unsuccessfully) to make the transition from inline to ice. I gave it a few months. I didn't make it. [But the new county inline rink is a mile and 1/2 from my house, so to hell with expensive ice time [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] )

K

* That hurts to admit. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
              The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

Two new proposals presented to the NHLPA today,both were shot down,again,what a f'n surprise!!WTF??!!
                IMO,the NHL has every right to declare an impasse & start signing replacement players for training camp in September!!
                NHL players will start crossing that line imo,guaranteed!!
                Bring me Goodenows head on a stake for my front yard!!

Comment

Bettman is no f'n better either. They both need to go!
                  If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

I feel that Bettman is the lesser of two evils here. I had not read that the proposals were shot down by the NHLPA, but I did just get done reading them.

The league is trying to work to pay the players within the framework of the revenue of the league and still make it profitable to continue. I said this to Chuck in an e-mail yesterday, the league owners are the folks who have risked to be in the hockey business. The players are payed to practice and play a game. The owners need to make a return on their investment.

The players today have so many other ways of getting paid. Hell, didn't Michael Jordan make near the league minimum for a quite a while and bolster his income with multi-million dollar endorsements from Nike and Gatorade???

Come on, it's a frikkin game, one that they have played since they were kids!!! Even the NHL League minimum is more money than those who have paid an arm and a leg to sit in the stands!!!!!
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

& to think I just got the dents out of my refrigerator!!

Here I go again...arrgghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Simply this is a situation of a union being a pimple on the ass of progress!!!

Poor Lucy. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                        Occupy JCF

Comment

Idiots I say, idiots. They shot themselves in the foot by not accepting offer before this one; the cap went down five million to $37.5. Bet you asses the next one will be lower than $37.5 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] For the record the owners want it around 30-35 million.

Let the players suffer, hell with them. They want a free market w/o a cap or salaries tied to league revenues then fine, so be it. Let the owners come to a deal amongst themselves, along with the league with fixed max per player and per team. If current NHL players don't want a piece of that pie fukk em, go play in Europe for less money or a 2 mill max salary that the WHA was talking about. Fukkin Canadian farm boys don't understand the market is getting smaller and smaller which means less money for them.

In my eyes the longer this goes on, the worse the players look in the fans eyes
                          shawnlutz.com

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Idiots I say, idiots. They shot themselves in the foot by not accepting offer before this one; the cap went down five million to $37.5. Bet you asses the next one will be lower than $37.5 [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] For the record the owners want it around 30-35 million.

Let the players suffer, hell with them. They want a free market w/o a cap or salaries tied to league revenues then fine, so be it. Let the owners come to a deal amongst themselves, along with the league with fixed max per player and per team. If current NHL players don't want a piece of that pie fukk em, go play in Europe for less money or a 2 mill max salary that the WHA was talking about. Fukkin Canadian farm boys don't understand the market is getting smaller and smaller which means less money for them.

In my eyes the longer this goes on, the worse the players look in the fans eyes

[/ QUOTE ]+1... the players should have accepted the last cap of 45 mil. now, they're just worthless, in my book. Bring on the replacements!
                            Its a complete catastrophe. But Im a professional, I can rise above it. LOL

Comment

Working...
                            X