What's the best bittorrent client?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's the best bittorrent client?

I am out of the admin world now, so could you guys fill me in on the least spyware infested BT client. Also some best practices for staying safe out there.

Thanks!
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Re: What\'s the best bittorrent client?

Azureus seems to be a decent open source one on sourceforge, but is it the best clean one?
    When you take a shower in space, you have to press the water onto your body to clean yourself, and then you gotta vacuum it off. - Ace Frehley

Comment

bit tornado is what i use....descent speeds but you have to do some tweaking.
      www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

And what tweaking would that be? I need some better speeds!

Comment

Yep, azureus is what I use.
          I run it with both XP and linux(opensource)with no problems.
          Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

http://www.jcfonline.com/ubbthreads/...page=0&fpart=1

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img] There's some in there. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

I'd say Bitcomet is good one.
              You can adjust the download/upload max.
              So in my case, I get 50-53kbps of download and only 3kbps of upload.
              [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Because you are downloading files,you just can't avoid these weird stuff you get from net.
              You just have to set up yoru norton antiviru 2005 which auto protects from worms too(this was not available from 2004 Anti virus).
              Also to run Norton as often as you can to check if you have virus.

Hey NOTP, did you get the file of "Adrian Smith Guitar Lesson Video"?
              [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

I've seen that Adrian video before, and posted a link of it on the JCF, but I haven't seen it since then. I'll have to look for it again. He plays a Squier Telecaster in drop-D. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

I was getting about 50-75 kbps for download speeds, then used cablenut and was getting over 150 kbps on dvds and shit. I believe too some of the ports are blacklisted with bittornado. not sure been awhile since i set it up.
                  www.myspace.com/adawnwithin

Comment

There's a different bit torrent client? I've got whatever one you get from the bit torrent site. There's a better one?

Comment

I have been using Bit Tornado for quite some time, and really once you get the firewall ports configured correctly, it rips. I have seen downloads on my end in 300K+ range at times. Thats an exception of course, but generally I can maintain 100K or close consistantly. Plus you can tweeak just about all settings, run multiple torrents if you want and stop, pause and resume torrents at any time, a nice feature.

Good luck
                      Mike

Comment

Oh, for crying out loud. I didn't see that you wanted the CLIENT. I'm an idiot. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I'm using TorrentStorm... seems to be the slowest thing sometimes! It's such a memory and bandwidth hog, even if there's very little being downloaded! I wanna try something else, probably something suggested in this topic.

Comment

I have had great success with Azureus, and it is spyware free.

Comment

when I saw BT client, I figured it was the same client I dled that I use to DL my music and aps with. I wasn't aware there were different versions.

Comment

Azureus is the norm, but some people get issues with the javaness of it. ABC (another bittorrenntt client) is a great alternative client, light on the download/resources side of things. I've used both of these successfullyy for downloading recipes.

Comment

Working...
                              X