Friday Question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Friday Question

Ok, here is the Friday question for this week...if you could pick one JCFer to salute, who would it be? I have to pick not one, but two this time...Sully for giving me the inspiration to do this again and Number of the Priest for helping with screenshots and having the bitchinest non-Gibson Les Paul ever. Sully and NOTP, I salute you!!

Re: Friday Question

Wow dude! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Return salute to you for breaking the "Guitar Center employees know nothing about gear" stereotype. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Sheeeeet, I'd be cheesy to salute the whole JCF altogether, but I think I'll do that! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Special honorable salutes to Kev Maynard for hooking me up with a JCFonline e-mail account, Toru for being so trustworthy and hilarious, Tekky for seeing that I wasn't crazy when I noticed Metal_Maniac was bumpin' NEW THREADS for no reason, Ace for unknowingly instilling in me a relentless "seize the day" attitude towards life, all the JCFers who've sent me free stuff... the list goes on. [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

I think I broke the rules... oops... [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      Return salute to you for breaking the "Guitar Center employees know nothing about gear" stereotype. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Uh, I think I broke that 18 months ago! [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Theres a whole bunch of guys here that help make this one of the greatest places on the web. Sully, Tekky & Kevin for keeping things running smooth; NOTP for helping people post & adding much to the discussions; Budman for (I'll be willing to bet) the most successful # of transactions & an example of how to do business here; RacerX, Toejam, Newc, Mr & Mrs LPC, Bill-z-bub & many others for keeping the discussions going and making things interesting to read.......shit, there are a ton more people who are important to making this place what it is. I can't salute just one because no one member does it here - it's a good thing because of all of us.

-hope this post wasn't too far from the spirit of this thread !
        [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Hmmm.... man is that EVER hard! (I have a long list!) [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]
          Really narrowing it down here, here are five folks who are kickass or inspiring people that have made a recent impression on me. [img]/images/graemlins/cool.gif[/img]

Matt @ Matt's Music [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          guitarsjb (Jeri) [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Flametop [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Tetsuo [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
          Diablomozart [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Em

Comment

Jeremy Wagner for giving us the opportunity of having a place where J/C minded folks can come and shoot the shit as well as pass on valuable info about our favorite guitars.
            [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Thank you sir!
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Only one? Ok then.......

Tommy. He's the JCF Badmin
              Hail yesterday

Comment

I salute myself cuz my therapist says I need to love myself more. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                My future band shall be known as "One Samich Short Of A Picnic"!

Comment

You're all worthy of mention, but extra kudos has to go to Atomic Tommy, for making this place even weirder and more fun than it already is! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    Wow dude! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Return salute to you for breaking the "Guitar Center employees know nothing about gear" stereotype. [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

The only problem with the "GC Employees know nothing stereotype" is....if you know too much about gear, you tend to form opinions which are frowned upon at GC...GC is about how good you can sniff out a full wallet coming in the door....if you form an opinion about a particular guitar or piece of gear, you become biased, which ultimately hurts your sales, and eventually gets you fired from there. Ever wonder about the high turnover rate of sales crew at GC?!
                    FUCK GC!!!!.....they can rot in hell!!! I hate it when people get me started on GC! [img]/images/graemlins/mad.gif[/img]

Comment

Very tough question.
                      Em, for your support and overall coolness [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                      RacerX, for yur hilp wif spiling [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]
                      NOTP, for your pic posting brilliance [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
                      Budman, for doing awesome work on our guitar parts [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
                      And to a bunch of other folks for making this a cool place. Mostly though, to the admins (and one badmin) for giving us the opprotunity to hang out here. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

tom from crankdaddy, your band rules, and you turned me on to a band called supagroup (no, NOT supertramp. they chew wombat stool). so for that, i salute you, sir!
                        Sully Guitars - Built by Rock & Roll
                        Sully Guitars on Facebook
                        Sully Guitars on Google+
                        Sully Guitars on Tumblr

Comment

I love everyone of you silly bastages and bastagettes..

I want to personaly go to each one of your homes and hump your leg..

even if I don't love ya...because that's how nice I am.. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                          "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                          Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Pat, Jeremy, Sully, Kev, Tekky, and Ralph [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

And me too. I rock [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            I've fallen, Fallen through. If I'm Not With you, All I wanna Do Is Feel blue

Comment

Tossup between Pat (Pstang), and and Jeremy (Sandman).

They are the ones that make it happen.

Comment

Working...
                              X