How close is your band?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: How close is your band?

My band is still relatively new. I think me and the other guitarists are pretty good friends, but not really close. The drummer and I have a lot in common, but we've only known each other for a month or so. Our bass player is cool, but his music tastes are WAY different than mine. So, no we're not really close yet, but it's working.

Comment

My last band were friends of mine from way back. But their personalities were find alone but group us togther and bad vibe.
      Don't mix an ego maniac guitar and singer, greedy but talented bass player, a cheap ass, crybaby drummer with no back bone that would pout the hole time if you said on negitive thing about his playing and me the one who was forced to always be on somebody's ass for being late or sounding like shit [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] I was the QA guy and I refused to but a bad product in front of the people.

My new band are guys who want to play and have fun. I don't need to worry about insulting a 'friend' by saying dude your playing that wrong.

Comment

I played in various local bands with the same bass player for 15 years or so.....

I dont know how close we are....

but I married his daughter.

Comment

...to close , now they are calling me a homo . to close .... lol http://ca.pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/ste...fb.jpg&.src=ph lol //Steve

Comment

We are brothers...literally. Well 2 of the 6 of us. 2 members are really new...and we don't know whow they'll work out. WE have a gig in May, the drummer is a flake..but very capable. And we just decided to add a singer/screamer so we don't have to worry about that ourselves.

I just joined this band that my friend from college is in, I"m plyaing keyboards. I've only sat in on one rehearsal so far. Their songs are not my style at all. very deftones in sound and I'm not really diggin git. THey want me to spice up the songs with keyboard and synth stuff...but I'm not very inspired by their 2 chord strummed riffing. Its boring. Anything interesting that I do will completely overshadow the rest of the band, and it'll turn into "the_drip...keyboard wankfest"

Comment

Sounds like a good deal Ace. My most recent band we never saw each other outside of practice. Not conducive to writing or any type of cohesiveness. I always felt like the new guy. My very first band was awesome, total opposite saw and partied together all the time, we were really close friends.
              1+2 = McGuirk, 2+4 = She's hot, 6-4 = Happy McGuirk

Comment

Working...
              X