Endorsements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Endorsements

So I've been playing with my band Woods of Ypres for a couple months now and it was brought to my attention that we are at a level of success now where endorsements might be a possibility....Has anyone ever done this before and if so what exactly is the process involved in getting them? What sort of things should be included in the packages I send away?

I was looking primarily at Peavey, Randall, ESP and Ibanez as those seem to be my best bets since they endorse other bands that are at or below the same level of success as the band I'm playing for now...

Re: Endorsements

17th Street Guitars is actively seeking artists right now. Looks like they make some pretty decent bolt-neck super-strats.
    please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
      I was looking primarily at Peavey, Randall, <font color="red"> ESP </font> and <font color="red"> Ibanez </font> as those seem to be my best bets since they endorse other bands that are at or below the same level of success as the band I'm playing for now...

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm guessing Jackson/Charvel wasn't even being considered? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        I was looking primarily at Peavey, Randall, <font color="red"> ESP </font> and <font color="red"> Ibanez </font> as those seem to be my best bets since they endorse other bands that are at or below the same level of success as the band I'm playing for now...

[/ QUOTE ]

And I'm guessing Jackson/Charvel wasn't even being considered? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

I wish, Jesus Christ couldn't even get a Jackson endorsement these days...

Comment

I was thinking the same thing Ken was... (he's just got bigger balls than I [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] )

Actually, it may be easier with J/C, never know bro... Just like the saying, can't win if you don't play...

Best!

Pat

Comment

Yeah you're right, might as well give it a shot! I only play Jacksons as it stands now anyways so maybe they'll hook me up....I was hoping for a deal where I could score free gear though [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] From what I've heard, with Jackson it's mostly a 'get your guitars at cost' deal which would rule, but I'm about to head into university so free gear is my only option! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Anyone know who I'd have to send information to? Most companies don't seem to list any sort of artist relations contact info...

Comment

If Jackson/Charvel doesn't work out you should contact Carvin. I came close to getting one as a solo player and also a while back I had the chance with a band. We played X100B's and DC and X series guitars at the time. Good luck.

Comment

Cool thanks for the info dude [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Most endorsements for bands of your stature are "at cost" deals.

Comment

I don't mean this to sound bad but you have been in a band for a couple monhts and you are ready for endorcements ? Exactly what kind of success have you had ?

Matt

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      I don't mean this to sound bad but you have been in a band for a couple monhts and you are ready for endorcements ? Exactly what kind of success have you had ?

Matt

[/ QUOTE ]
                      Kind of my thoughts on the matter. Guitar companies want to know that you will get their products exposed and that you have a good healthy fan base. If you are going to start college, that probably means that you don't plan on touring, which is a big factor in getting an endorsement. Also they look at your record sales. I am not saying it's impossible to get an endorsement, I have lots of friends with endorsements. However no one I know gets an endorsement after being together for just a few months(unless of course your some kind of supergroup like Velvet Revolver or something).

Comment

The band has been around for like 4 or 5 years, we have two albums out and we received album of the year in Unrestrained! magazine last year. There are local bands around here that have Randall endorsements and the like and they don't tour and haven't been even mentioned in a top 100 list in a metal mag. I'm not expecting to get anything, but I figure what the hell, I might as well give it a shot, there's no harm in trying...

About the shows/touring situation, we have a bunch of shows lined up for the summer...We were supposed to play relatively high on the Northern Lights Festival this year and there were people flying from the west coast just to see us....I'm not trying to sound like some sort of egomaniac I'm just trying to give you guys who seemed to get the wrong impression an idea of the level of success we've attained..

Comment

OK, in that case you should send a short, polite email to any contact address you can find for whatever company you want an endorsement from. You pretty much send them a press packet: reviews, albums, photos, bio, etc... Have someone that you trust go through your press packet before you send it off. Then send it to the company and cross your fingers!!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            The band has been around for like 4 or 5 years, we have two albums out and we received album of the year in Unrestrained! magazine last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you're on Rockdetector Woods Of Ypres

AND coming soon to BNR, so... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]
                            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                              OK, in that case you should send a short, polite email to any contact address you can find for whatever company you want an endorsement from. You pretty much send them a press packet: reviews, albums, photos, bio, etc... Have someone that you trust go through your press packet before you send it off. Then send it to the company and cross your fingers!!

[/ QUOTE ]

Awesome man thanks for the info! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X