X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Endorsements

[ QUOTE ]
    [ QUOTE ]
    The band has been around for like 4 or 5 years, we have two albums out and we received album of the year in Unrestrained! magazine last year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well, you're on Rockdetector Woods Of Ypres

AND coming soon to BNR, so... [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Man that Rock Detector bio has some crazy information in it, hahaha....We haven't even begun to rehearse that Bathory cover yet let alone record it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Yeah, but RD is cool, because he has all these obscure bands on there. Check out the entry for Crescent Shield....they've basically done nothing except for one lousy free gig in a tiny club in downtown Pomona, CA [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

How the hell does RD get the info? They have info on two of the bands I'm in that is extremely accurate, despite the fact that one of the bands doesn't even have me as a member on their website (hasn't been updated for like a year). They also have really old information about my other band (like the name of the band that the old bassist played in prior to my band).

Comment

Rock Detector

Garry must be psychic! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Here's his
          REALLY INTERESTING BIO

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            They have info on two of the bands I'm in that is extremely accurate, despite the fact that one of the bands doesn't even have me as a member on their website

[/ QUOTE ]

Heh heh heh, you have the armbands, where is the corpsepaint? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Funeral Age on RD

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
              The band has been around for like 4 or 5 years, we have two albums out and we received album of the year in Unrestrained! magazine last year. There are local bands around here that have Randall endorsements and the like and they don't tour and haven't been even mentioned in a top 100 list in a metal mag. I'm not expecting to get anything, but I figure what the hell, I might as well give it a shot, there's no harm in trying...

About the shows/touring situation, we have a bunch of shows lined up for the summer...We were supposed to play relatively high on the Northern Lights Festival this year and there were people flying from the west coast just to see us....I'm not trying to sound like some sort of egomaniac I'm just trying to give you guys who seemed to get the wrong impression an idea of the level of success we've attained..

[/ QUOTE ]

endorsements can be had, for sure...my thoughts:

1. be a nice guy
              2. go to NAMM and meet people
              3. have a GREAT press kit, pro designed graphics, etc
              4. be a good player, and have a good CD, preferably commercially available
              5. be doing a lot of live gigs
              6. be polite and persistent.

most endorsements are more for convenience...i get my strings cheap, and delivered to my door from DR. they are a great string company. i pay cost or less with several other companies. Fernandes actually had Scott Uchida (master builder) make me a couple of custom strats for free with my Fernandes endorsement...but that's a rarity these days, unless you have sales in the gold range....

going to NAMM can be a big help, but keep in mind that the manufacturers are there to SELL and get new dealers...and it's HECTIC....i hate working NAMM...but love it when i am just there to play in someone's booth for a couple hours :-)

NUMBER ONE REASON I GOT A FEW ENDORSEMENTS:

i asked....

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                Heh heh heh, you have the armbands, where is the corpsepaint? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Funeral Age on RD

[/ QUOTE ]

Man.. Am I tripping out? How'd you know I was in Funeral Age? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I don't remember saying I was... [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]Anyhow, lol, too bad that's an old picture and I'm not in it. Nah, no corpse paint, doesn't suit the music. I can upload some stuff if you, or anyone else for that matter wants to hear some material.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Has anyone ever done this before and if so what exactly is the process involved in getting them?

[/ QUOTE ]

You may want to talk to Scott(Vwall). If I'm not mistaken, he helped someone get an Ibanez endorsement...I think it was Ibanez [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]. I'm not sure of the details....Good luck!
                  >>--HuntinDoug-->

Comment

Thanks a lot everyone! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

Man.. Am I tripping out? How'd you know I was in Funeral Age? [img]/images/graemlins/brow.gif[/img] I don't remember saying I was...

[/ QUOTE ]

Muahahahahahaha! I am GOOOOOOD! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        Muahahahahahaha! I am GOOOOOOD! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

[img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img] Spill the beans!

Comment

OK first clue Rob Steinway...

Comment

Any of these guys you? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Comment

Update...

I'm now endorsed by Peavey Amplification [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

kick ass!! that was fast!!
                                GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X