• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Rod Price dead.....

RIP Rod.

http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Musi...ion=cnn_latest
    Scott
    Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Re: Rod Price dead.....

[img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I saw that this morning. R.I.P. Rod [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
    Are YOU a Jackson Warrior? Join us and be all that you can be!

Comment

Man, I used to listen to the "Foghat Live LP" all the time when it came out.I still have it.
      I loved the tune "Honey Hush"
      R.I.P.

Comment

That sucks. Wasn't enough of a Foghat fan to buy anything, but always liked Slow Ride and Fool For The City.
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

<font color="aqua">Damn [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] I was a bit of a "hogfat" fan, myself......RIP </font>
          Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

"Hello, my name is Tom and I am a Foghat fan."
            Foghat Live was another classic I played to death.
            Fool for the City & Stone Blue were great too.
            Man had a mean slide style and intense lead playing.

shame he died by accident that way but there are worse ways.. RIP

Comment

Yeah, I grew up partying to the Live album. Never liked the sound of the studio stuff at all, but that live album was seriously cool. It had the best renditions of all their stuff IMO.

Sorta like the live Zep Album (Song Remains the Same) it was the coolest versions of all their stuff too, haha...

Comment

What a shame.I always loved his slide playing,I never thought he got enough props for how good he actually was. RIP R.Price.................
                Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Comment

So sad, to fall down the steps..

The live Foghat album was killer. I saw them at Cobo arena in Detroit and they were great live too, great show. About 2 years later they were playing a hockey rink in Allen Park...12,000 seat, sold out Cobo to maybe 800-1000 seater tops in a very short time.

I think that Foghat live album was what got me so much into live, raw sounding stuff. That and REO Speedwagon live got a lot of listening time from me when I was in junior high.
                  shawnlutz.com

Comment

What a shame. They were just on VH1 classic Last Friday night, I was laughing, I hadn't seen or heard anything from them for years.
                    I used to be a huge fan. It was a millenium tour.
                    the 1rst concert I ever went to was in 1975 at the Boston: Garden foghat and Aerosmith.
                    Then I found out Lonesome Dave the Singer died from Cancer shortly after it was filmed.
                    bummer 2 of the original 4 are now dead.
                    RIP Rod and Dave.
                    If this is our perdition, will you walk with me?

Comment

Dave died too? I didn't know that.
                      Their website said that Rod had a massive heart attack, which catalyst the fall and caused major head trauma.

I always admired the rhythm section too..Roger Earl is a powerhouse & Tony Stevens played great bass lines.

Comment

Working...
                      X