Kenny Wayne Shepherd in Houston

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kenny Wayne Shepherd in Houston

Just saw Kenny Wayne last night at Verizon Wireless Theatre here in Houston and he put on a solid two and one-half hour show with Noah Hunt on vocals as well as Kenny. He's definitely got the Stevie Ray boogie-shuffle thang down cold as well as his own blues rock style and what an awesome performer!
    After the show Kenny and the rest of the band signed autographs and it's just amazing how down-to-earth and gracious they all were that people came to see the show. Just an absolutely wonderful night! I'm a metalhead for life but the blues have always spoken to me in a different way as such that I forget about the house mortgage, the car loan, and the nagging boss at work when I hear that velvety sound of Kenny's Strat. May God bless him for bringing joy to many through the power of his music. Kenny Wayne, take a bow! Thank you from the bottom of my heart. Cheers!!
    MIKE
    "The BLUES is the tonic for what ails ya."

Re: Kenny Wayne Shepherd in Houston

Thats awesome! I love Kenny Wayne and Johnny Lang and all those SRV style guys. Blues are sweet man...just like you said they make you forget about everything. I wish KWS would come around here!

Comment

Glad to hear it. He was always cool the zillion times that I saw him, but then he was still 16, 17, 18 years old back then and very down to earth.

He kicked my ass at pool one night at a dive called (no kidding) Joe's Bar & Grill. He hung out there a lot with his high-school buddies. I was maybe 23, and he handed me my ass.

Good times! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
      The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

After ten years since Ledbetter Heights came out he still is the same down-to-earth person that he was then. So, yeah, he still is the same cool guy that you played pool with Axtogrind on what must have been an awesome night for you as well! Wish I was there. Long live the blues! Because the blues is truly the cure for what ails ya!

Comment

It was awesome, but he was so cool, I don't think he realized it. That was okay, because I did. He was just a guy in high school.

That was before Ledbetter, but While We Cry was getting a LOT of local radio play: his dad was not just his manager at the time, but was a personality at our only decent rock station. May have been program director, too.

Must have been 92 or 93. I lived just outside of Houston when SRV died, and I hated that I never drove over to Austin to see him one weekend. So when I moved to Shreveport and saw KWS play the first time, I knew he was going to do well. That is why I saw him every chance I could get in Shreveport.

True story: I was seeing a girl in Houston then, and one Friday I saw Kenny play a tiny club in Shreveport. Then Saturday morning I drove to Houston to see my girlfriend. We decide to go to Dave and Busters that night, and it was sort of across the street from a place called (Mike, or somebody else in Houston help me out here) the Blue Sax or something. Out on the marquee? TONITE: KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD.

Paid the cover, and saw him that night too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] She also became a fan. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith
          The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            It was awesome, but he was so cool, I don't think he realized it. That was okay, because I did. He was just a guy in high school.

That was before Ledbetter, but While We Cry was getting a LOT of local radio play: his dad was not just his manager at the time, but was a personality at our only decent rock station. May have been program director, too.

Must have been 92 or 93. I lived just outside of Houston when SRV died, and I hated that I never drove over to Austin to see him one weekend. So when I moved to Shreveport and saw KWS play the first time, I knew he was going to do well. That is why I saw him every chance I could get in Shreveport.

True story: I was seeing a girl in Houston then, and one Friday I saw Kenny play a tiny club in Shreveport. Then Saturday morning I drove to Houston to see my girlfriend. We decide to go to Dave and Busters that night, and it was sort of across the street from a place called (Mike, or somebody else in Houston help me out here) the Blue Sax or something. Out on the marquee? TONITE: KENNY WAYNE SHEPHERD.

Paid the cover, and saw him that night too. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] She also became a fan. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Keith

[/ QUOTE ]Hell yeah! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
            X