Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cheesy little javascript game I created.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cheesy little javascript game I created.

cheesy little game I made with javascript, I'm proud of it.

Check it out!

http://gwebs.websiteallies.com/dungeongame.html

Just thought I'd share.

Re: Cheesy little javascript game I created.

Dude, I NEEDED something to go next to Bigfoot's head! [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

Keith
    The JCF-er Formerly Known as axtogrind.

myspace.com/boogieblockmusic

Comment

That is some good shit, nice work. Reminds me of some of the old role playing games I did on the Apple IIe at my middle school....a long time ago.

Must be as boring in Idaho as it is here in Iowa eh? [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

That game reminds me of some books I would get at the library when i was little that gave you choices of where the story went and had multiple endings. Nice work!

Comment

He's hangin' next to Bigfoot!
          Scott
          Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Nice 60 second time killer.
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

If you really wanted to get into the text adventure genre of game programming,take a look into the INFORM language ,compiler and zmachine interpreter. The language allows you to make an entire game ala INFOCOM(Zork,Planetfall,Deadline,etc.) style which does some neat input recognition,full sentences ,etc.

I used it to make games when I was bored sitting at home,I think the last one I made was modeled around my house at the time,and the only way you could win was to trick my roomate outside with booze and have him get run over by a car cuz he was evil and stuff [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Needless to say he didn't care too much for it. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] However you could basically write an entire interactive novel using the language and they have contests every so often for the best game.

I'll even save you the search time ,if you're interested :INFORM Link

Comment

Thanks for taking the time everyone, glad you enjoyed it.

Thanks for the suggestion Evol. I'll look into it. I made this game with javascript for two reasons: Almost everyone can play it because most browsers will support it, and I needed to practice my javascripting. Not to mention you don't have to download the game to play it like you would a standard programming language. I'll still check into that because it's always a good idea to stretch your mind for whatever art you use.

ONE BROWSER THAT WILL NOT SUPPORT THIS GAME IS FIREFOX!

Firefox is a beautiful browser for how user friendly it is, but my God in Heaven it is a web programmer's nightmare. So many javascript lines refuse to work. This game might work on it, but I highly doubt it.

Again, thanks everyone!

Comment

Ha! I made one just like that on an apple IIe in basic without the buttons etc. back in the early 80s just to prove how stupid "zork" was. It was called "Warrior" (an I even used the "speed" feature to have a chezzy coo, intro).
                  "I''ll say what I'm gonna say, cuz I'm going to Hell anyway!"

Comment

Working...
                  X