Powermetal................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Powermetal................

Hey guys, I need some powermetal to listen to in the vein of Gamma Ray,Jag Panzer,HammerFall,etc....Nothing with the growling vocals,just some good old in your face METAL! Thanks guys,Rev.Timmy........ [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]
    Straightjacket Memories.Sedative Highs...........

Re: Powermetal................

Off the top o' me 'ead...

Nevermore, Tarot, Lost Horizon, Last Tribe, At Vance, Ark, Angra, Sinergy, Dungeon, Eyefear, Black Majesty.
    Hail yesterday

Comment

Thanks VG,just tryin to expand my vocabulary a little.I'm not so much into the death themes, but I just love some kickass,If you don't like it suck it METAL!.............

Comment

no problem, Timmy. Bill has posted the mother of all powermetal lists around here, with enough music to keep you busy (and broke) for months, but the few that I posted were just some of my favourites to get you started. Guaranteed no death vox in here! [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
        Hail yesterday

Comment

Edguy, Stratovarius, Grave Digger, Cage, Primal Fear

http://www.bnrmetal.com/lists/genres/power.htm
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Add me on MSN and i'll hook you up.

Powermetal is my life [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img] haha

Comment

Dragonforce. Kamelot. *dies*
              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

POWERMETAL RULES!
                [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]

Love Stratovarius.
                Also Rhapsody,Angra and Symphony X.
                [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]

Comment

yeah my favs are Dragonforce, Rhapsody and some Stratovarius

the solos in dragonforce are insane.. they never end
                  "I hate these filthy neutrals! With enemies, you know where they stand. But with neutrals... who knows? It sickens me!"

Comment

BLIND FUC*ING GUARDIAN!

Power metal owns all!

Comment

With the mighty Gus G. on guitar - Firewind, Mystic Prophecy, Dream Evil

Other cool stuff: Helloween, Lost Horizon, Ring Of Fire, Royal Hunt, Kotipelto, too many to mention but check those out.
                      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Man,I took a day of vacation to get some stuff done at the house and all I have done for the last 5 hours is look up the websites and listened to downloads of the bands you guys listed and all I can say is"Where in the hell have I been?" Hell,just to get the cd's that I made a list of I'm gonna have to mortgage the dog! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] Thanks for the input guys,some of this stuff is badass!And,Yes,Ninja Guitar,you were right,Blind Fuc*ing Guardian!......................

Comment

Definately check out Kamelot, Blind Guardian, Stratovarious, Dream Evil, Demons and Wizards and Iced Earth(maybe not power metal but still kick ass [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

Comment

awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww....the new Kamelot is a bit of a disappointment! [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Since they got Khan of Conception..Kamelot just got better with each album...well until now..I gave it a few listens to see if it "sticks"...it hasn't yet..too much ballady , epicy , fluffy stuff...

I'm spoiled I guess ...I need some real butt whoopin' "Powermetal" these days to get my speedos in wedgy form (awesome visual!! [img]/images/graemlins/what.gif[/img])...

I love bands like Iced Earth , Blind Guardian , Adagio , Kamelot , Symphony X , and whatnot ..but I wish they would focus more on the "Metal" and less on 20 minute long bed-time story fantasies..

BTW..I think The New Grave Digger "The last Supper" is pretty good...and yes its another "epic" ..

It is funny how you must meet the "mandatory" laws and conditions with each metal genre.."epic" and dragons is to Powermetal ..what corpes paint and the devil is to Black Metal...and goo , guts , gore and spooge is to Death Metal...and so on..

These rules are etched in stoned...and they shant be challenged! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                            "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                            Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

horns, Dragonforce. Dragonforce. Dragonforce.

They bring the metal.
                              Dreaded Silence - Boston Melancholic Metal

Comment

Working...
                              X