Powermetal................

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Powermetal................

Yeah Dragonforce is quite cool (and that's really worth something coming from me as i really only listen to death metal).
    The only problem i have with Dragonforce is the singer. I mean yeah he can sing but i can't stand listening to those high vocals more than 10 minutes. And Dragonforce really got a big "cheesy" factor with all those "We stand strong together" tralala singing.

In those 5% of the time when i listen to non death metal, i normally enjoy the classics of power metal, long before Hammerfall and all those horrible clones. That's when i like to listen for example to Somewhere far beyond from Guardian or Under Jolly Roger from Running wild (still one of my favourites from way back when it comes to power metal). Running wild was the first power metal band i listened to (was around the age of 8 or 9) and i still think it's quite cool.
    Funny i never see much talk about them as i think they are on one level with Blind Guardian, Gamma Ray and Grave Digger (when talking about german power metal bands).

Flo
    http://www.myspace.com/drasticviolence

Thrash/Death-Metal from Germany

Comment

Dragonforce is one of those bands that is so metal it's too metal! Overplaying on guitars, drums and to top it off their singer is so over the top. Can't say I don't love em though but I can not make it through either album without switching to something mroe chillin' like Rainbow before going back to the metal onslaught.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Stratovarious, Rhapsody, Symphony X, Dragonforce, Nevermore out of the ones mentioned.

I didn't read through the whole thing, but I didn't see:
        Nightwish, Spiral Tower, Sinergy, Iced Earth, Racer X (when they have vocals, otherwise Paul Gilbert is god), Sonata Arctica, or Evergrey.

Comment

Avantasia are dudes from Edguy, Helloween, Gamma Ray, Stratovarius, dudette from Within Temptation, and other European bands collaborating on "The Metal Opera" parts 1 and 2, putting all dem gangsta rap collaborations 2 shame, y0! Probably my most listened to power metal "band".

Other favorites include Firewind, Lost Horizon, Dungeon (Australian Iron Maiden influenced, thanks VitaminG), and Blind Guardian. Another favorite of mine with a lot of power metal influences is Suidakra (go listen to the clip I posted in the Artists section of the forum). They mix power metal with classic heavy metal, modern European thrash/death, and traditional folk/medieval/Celtic music:

www.suidakra.com (Full clips on the website)

Comment

Working...
          X