Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hockey: Greatest goal ever?

[ QUOTE ]
    One that sticks out for me, being a Red Wing fan, was Steve Yzermans game 7, double overtime goal against the Blues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a memorable goal, but that was a cheese shot... (Casey?) should have stopped that without a problem... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Man....... now I have to go drinking and cry somwhere, bringing that goal back to life... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thanx Shawn!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

That was a rough one to take man.

Pat

Comment

As a kid, I watched Gordie Howe pick up the puck behind his own net, place the toe of his stick on the puck and proceed to go all the way to the Habs goal and top corner the puck. That is one I will never forget. He went through everyone without stickhandling, just raw power, speed and skill. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] Everyone in the arena went nuts, even the stupid Habs fans.

I met him many years later, at a sports celebrity dinner, and reminded him of the goal and he said he had done that a few times when guys would make comments to him in the face off, or in the corners. It was his way of saying, "I'm the man."
      Tarbaby Fraser.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
        [ QUOTE ]
        One that sticks out for me, being a Red Wing fan, was Steve Yzermans game 7, double overtime goal against the Blues.

[/ QUOTE ]

Maybe a memorable goal, but that was a cheese shot... (Casey?) should have stopped that without a problem... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img]

Man....... now I have to go drinking and cry somwhere, bringing that goal back to life... [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Thanx Shawn!!! [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

That was a rough one to take man.

Pat

[/ QUOTE ]

heheh Pat. I remember jumping off the couch on that one, Yzermans reaction was just as cool as the goal. I agree it was a stopable shot but its not how hard you shoot it, its where you shoot it [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        shawnlutz.com

Comment

The greatest goal ever will be the next NHL goal scored....when there's finally NHL f'n Hockey again!!Arrgghh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!

Comment

illumina, I wish I had video of it. I had to scour the net last night for an hour to find a picture of it. It's just the most memorable Penguins goal I can remember, and I've watched a lot of Pens hockey. I erupted off the couch when he scored that one.

Stevie Y's goal was a sweet one. Shawn's right though, just too many to choose from.

Comment

Working...
            X