Deep thoughts?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deep thoughts?

A man walking along a California beach was deep in prayer. Suddenly, the sky clouded above his head and, in a booming voice, the Lord said, "Because you have tried to be faithful to me in all ways, I will grant you one wish."

The man said, "Build a bridge to Hawaii so I can drive over anytime I want." The Lord said, "Your request is very materialistic. Think of the enormous challenges for that kind of undertaking. The supports required to reach the
    bottom of the Pacific! The concrete and steel it would take! It will nearly exhaust several natural resources. I can do it, but it is hard for me to justify your desire for worldly things. Take a little more time and think of something that would honor and glorify me."

The man thought about it for a long time. Finally he said, "Lord, I wish that I could understand my wife. I want to know how she feels inside, what she's thinking when she gives me the silent treatment, why she cries, what she means when she says nothing's wrong, and how I can make a woman truly happy." The Lord replied, "You want two lanes or four on that bridge?" [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Re: Deep thoughts?

Excellent [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
    Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Good one. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img]
      Scott
      Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

Yeah, I just read that in an email. I can't stop cracking up. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

that reminds me of a card my dad gave me for my birthday one year... on the outside it says, "What men know about women". Inside it was blank except for "They got t*ts."
          Occupy JCF

Comment

LOL One time I had a set of playing cards that had different quotes of why beer is better than women.

Comment

Great one! I had a wife and three daughters when my son was born. With any luck at all he'll have an edge I never had ;-)
              Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

women are at the bottom of every great disaster. this excludes Emtastic Thraxolicious,JB, and Annah.
                Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  women are at the bottom of every great disaster. this excludes Emtastic Thraxolicious,JB, and Annah.

[/ QUOTE ]

Honey, that may be true, but it's because some man dumped us there!

As for understanding women, we have no advantage over you - we don't understand you either. Could be for different reasons though. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
                    AND MrsTekky!!!
                    Occupy JCF

Comment

gadzooks, how could i forget the illustrious Mrs. Tekky?
                      whip me with some spikes for the ommission.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                        gadzooks, how could i forget the illustrious Mrs. Tekky?
                        whip me with some spikes for the ommission.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh can I??? [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]

Comment

Understanding guys(mrs tekky)???You gotta be kidding me.The book on understanding men is three pages.

Page 1- give him sex

Page 2- food

page 3- if you can't cook, revert back to page 1 [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                            Understanding guys(mrs tekky)???You gotta be kidding me.The book on understanding men is three pages.

Page 1- give him sex

Page 2- food

page 3- if you can't cook, revert back to page 1 [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

It would be so great if that were really true - but I learned the hard way - I was married before and none of that worked! That may work for some, but not for others. You guys can be as hard to figure out as the fairer sex!

Comment

I guess it just seems all too simple in my head.Then again, im hungry and its been awhile for me and the mrs [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                              X