The Dead Horse Theory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Dead Horse Theory

The Tribal wisdom of the Dakota Indians, passed down from generation to generation says;

When you discover that you are riding a dead horse, the best strategy is to immediately dismount, and move on.

In our organisation, however, a whole range of far more advanced strategies are often employed, such as;

1. Change Riders.

2. Buy a stronger whip.

3. Do nothing: "This is the way we have always ridden dead horses".

4. Visit other countries to see how they ride dead horses.

5. Perform a productivity study to see if lighter riders improve the dead horse’s performance.

6. Hire a contractor to ride the dead horse.

7. Harness several dead horses together in an attempt to increase the speed.

8. Provide additional funding and/ or training to increase the dead horse’s performance.

9. Appoint a committee to study the horse and assess how dead it actually is.

10. Re-classify the dead horse as "living impaired".

11. Develop a Strategic Plan for the management of dead horses. Intensely workshop this plan.

12. Rewrite the expected performance requirements for all dead horses.

[img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
    Hail yesterday

Re: The Dead Horse Theory

Hehehe....

Comment

I don't get it... I doubt it's your fault though. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Hey! That is supposed to be classified military intelligence information! Where'd you get that?! Shame shame.
        [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

This sounds like a liberal's point of view. [img]/images/graemlins/popcorn.gif[/img]
          Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            I don't get it... I doubt it's your fault though. [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

IIRC you're still in high school, so you *shouldn't* get it. It's both a funny and sad commentary about the bullshit that happens in a "grown up" work environment...specifically in a large corporation or government agency.

Revel in your youth because it quickly goes downhill from there! [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
            http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Comment

Working...
            X