Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Customer service reps. What, no GED? Greencard?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Customer service reps. What, no GED? Greencard?

Ever wondered why some companies even have cusomer service representatives? Here's a brief chat discussion from my webhosting service:

[ QUOTE ]

tech: Hi

Jared: My guestbook refuses to work! The URL to place an entry is my front page, http://gwebs.websiteallies.com

Jared: And to view the guestbook, the URL is:

Jared: http://gwebs.websiteallies.com/cgi-s...s&user=jaredmg

tech: Please do post support ticket using the URL websiteallies.com/support.htm

Jared: I'm sorry, I don't understand.

tech: you can post your issue to the above given URL

Jared: And the point to the customer service chatting is...

tech: it take some time to solve your issue

Jared: I see. What exactly is the problem?

tech: Hope there might be some problem with the guestbook file and we will have to check it up more deeply

tech: which requires some more time

tech: Please do post and we will get back to you

Jared: Okay... Would there happen to be a message board for websitallies customers?

tech: you can install it for your domain if you want

Jared: No, the point was to talk to somebody else that may have had my same problem and see how they worked through it. Thanks for your time, I think I can work it out from here.

[/ QUOTE ]

My God in heaven. Before this I was disconnected twice. Don't you think that if there was a problem with the generic guestbook script that there would be a lot more people calling in? To hell with these guys, I'm just going to go pull one off of freescrips.com or something. The point here was to save a bit of time so that I didn't have to make it!

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]

Okay, I'm done.

Re: Customer service reps. What, no GED? Greencard?

A lot of call centers are in India, but those employees are more intelligent than you think. Turnover is high, though.
    "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
    X