Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Godsmack... AIC Ripoff... Yeah

[img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
    I never really listened to Godsmack but always have viewed them as nothing but an AIC ripoff band. Now that being said I heard a song on the radio today by them Serenity and if they didn't ripoff the main riff from Angry Chair then I don't know what plagerism is. I know a lot of people defend that they aren't an AIC ripoff band but I have to vent here I have never heard such a lameness and they don't even admit it which to me would be a lot more acceptable. [img]/images/graemlins/rant.gif[/img]
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Re: Godsmack... AIC Ripoff... Yeah

The song "Serenity" is an old song by them.
    I like the song, but I've never been a fan or follower of Godsmack. Most of their stuff doesn't appeal to me. I have or own nothing of theirs.
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

i think they are crap. note: "i think" they are crap.
      GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

They were fans of AIC
        Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

they are not even a squirt of alice in chains' piss.
          they suck. (i'm in a good mood today huh?)
          Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

I like alot of their songs. They don't sound like Alice at all to me.

Comment

You have to admit though that Serenity has the same riff as Angry Chair...

Kev.... I know they are Godsmack fans but I have heard them deny the fact too in an interview.. Or deny that AIC was an influence.

Comment

I think Godsmack is quite good tho.
                "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

Isn't it true that Godsmack was an Alice in Chains tribute band before they made it big?

Comment

They used to be an AIC tribute band so that would explain it.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                      Isn't it true that Godsmack was an Alice in Chains tribute band before they made it big?

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh you beat me to it!

Comment

I'm a HUGE A.I.C. fan, and I honestly dont mind Godsmack at all. Yeah, their named after an A.I.C. song, and they have a sound that is reminiscent of A.I.C., but they do have some good tunes.

There are a lot more blatant rip-off bands out there. Both Chevelle, and Breaking Benjamin are blatant Tool ripoffs. It is quite obvious to me that both these bands have done nothing but try to copy Tool. It's ludicrous!!
                        Sleep!!, That's where I'm a viking!!

http://www.myspace.com/grindhouseadtheband

Comment

Godsmack got their name from an Alice song named.........Godsmack. It's off of the album "dirt". Geez, I kept going down this thread waiting for someone to post that.

The Godsmack guys are HUGE AIC fans. Hence, the name. Alice is/was far and away my favorite band. I really liked all of the Seattle bands....

Shawn
                          Spin the black circle.

[email protected]

Comment

Ah that would be all nice and good except they don't admit it. The have the "cold Sore" Story of how God Smacked him and that is where the name came from... It has nothing to do with the AIC song but that little story according to the band

Comment

Godsmack really was heavy into AIC sound wise. "Get up get out" is a sort of blend between the old style and current style. Not a fan, but I do ;isten to their stuff when it comes on the radio.

Comment

Working...
                              X