Godsmack... AIC Ripoff... Yeah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Godsmack... AIC Ripoff... Yeah

Zeegler... That breaking Benjamin song... WOW no joke that is the worst tool ripoff song ever...

LOL I heard that Deftones "Passenger" song with my Nephew who is or was a huge Deftones fan and I said my god man this is the biggest ripoff of tool I have ever heard... He thought I was joking and said yeah Maynard is on this song...
    I keep the bible in a pool of blood
    So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

eh, i lik Chevelle a lot, but Breaking Benjamin, Trapt, and all that other crap can die a fiery death. i know a lot of kids these days who listen to that, and i can't help but cringe and say "I'm sorry for your loss".

Comment

Godsmack blows, they even try to look like AIC.

If I have to here that fucking stooopid fucking VOODOO song one more fucking time...

Comment

Now I have often heard that they were an AIC cover band but I have never seen it in any interview that they actually were. The coldsore thing I have seen in a few places

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
            Now I have often heard that they were an AIC cover band but I have never seen it in any interview that they actually were. The coldsore thing I have seen in a few places

[/ QUOTE ]

Sully was a drummer in a local band called Meliah Rage (We are from the same neighborhood). They were actually a pretty popular local band in the late 80's early 90's.. We used to make fun of him .. now who is laughing
            Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Alright I finally did dig up something where they admit the AIC influence which is better... Still funny they can't see that they sound like AIC

http://www.shoutweb.com/interviews/godsmack0403.phtml

Shoutweb: It seems like nobody is doing big guitar rock anymore.

Shannon: You're exactly right. It's ironic that something like that makes this band different. Sully has told me the stigma of Godsmack is that through the first two records, everyone wanted to compare them to other bands. It's fine to compare a band to other bands because that's what people do. People always make the comparison to Alice In Chains, which to us we can't even see. I don't think we sound a like but our band does love Alice In Chains.

Shoutweb: Once you break the two bands down sonically, there really isn't that much to compare.

Shannon: No, there isn't. A little funny side story to that, last month we were on the cover to Metal Edge and the cover said, "In the studio with Godsmack." So as you know, our new album is entitled "Faceless" and after all the Alice In Chains comparisons, inside the magazine they had a typo that said, "The making of Facelift." (Laughs) We were shitting our selves laughing about it. (Laughs)

Comment

Regarding the NAME and AIC here is the interview

http://www.timmcmahan.com/godsmack.htm

Speaking of Alice and Chains, Sully says the band didn't name itself after that band's track off their 1992 album, "Dirt." The story behind the name is much more charming than that. "It was back when we were just getting started, we had a photo shoot and our old drummer came in with a huge cold sore," said Sully in his thick, East Cost accent. "I was making fun of him all day, but he didn't say anything back. The next day, I came to rehearsal with a huge coldsore on my lip. And Tony (Rombola, the band's guitarist), said, 'That's God smacking you for yesterday.' It's about instant karma."

Comment

Isn't that east coast accent the most annoying thing you've ever heard? lol
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

What, like the chicago sassage accent is fun to listen to [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

Comment

We ain't got no accent.

Say dat again and I'm comin' over to smack you around a couple two tree times.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                      Occupy JCF

Comment

I love AIC, they were the best of the early 90s Seattle grunge bands (IMO). I do like Godsmack too. But there's no way to deny the AIC influence. Although it's interesting that Jerry Cantrell said in GW "Dear Guitar Hero" that he doesn't think Godsmack sounds like AIC. I was very surprised by that answer, I thought he would go off blasting them as AIC rip-offs.
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

yous better not come into my fronchroom

Comment

Fine, then I'll see you at da Cell, Wrigley, or Soldiers Field. You can't stay in da burbs forever.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img]
                            Occupy JCF

Comment

I don't hear the "ripoff" sound in Godsmack. IMO they are much heavier then AIC was. AIC was a pioneer and unfortunately anything similar will end up getting that "clone" label. With the addition of Shannon Larkin (best drummer in rock music today) there sound has changed and probably will evolve away from this comparision. JHMO.
                              "told you guys that spandex, hairspray and makeup on guys was a bad idea, and now look what happened - you all turned into women." - Newc

Comment

I think they sound like a latter day Meatallica myself..

but with Down Syndrome..
                                "Bill, Smoke a Bowl and Crank Van Halen I, Life is better when I do that"
                                Donnie Swanstrom 01/25/06..miss ya!

"Well, your friend would have Bell's Palsy, which is a facial paralysis, not "Balls Pelsy" like we're joking about here." Toejam's attempt at sensitivity.

Comment

Working...
                                X