Godsmack... AIC Ripoff... Yeah

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Godsmack... AIC Ripoff... Yeah

they were also heavily influences by Sabbath ..
    Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

The evolution is there. They do indeed sound Metallica influenced now more than AIC like in the past.

Their songs are real easy to have fun with though. "Serenity" can easily be made into an advertisement for adult diapers and "Running Blind" becomes an anthem for running out of booze titled "Running Dry".

Comment

LO as I type the local station just played Angry Chair followed up by Serenity... I can't make this up... [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          I don't hear the "ripoff" sound in Godsmack. IMO they are much heavier then AIC was. AIC was a pioneer and unfortunately anything similar will end up getting that "clone" label. With the addition of Shannon Larkin (best drummer in rock music today) there sound has changed and probably will evolve away from this comparision. JHMO.

[/ QUOTE ]

+1
          GODSMACK FUCKING KILLS !!!!
          Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Super or anyone ... Similar riff in Angry Chair (espescially acoustic) and serenity? Anyone?

Comment

Honestly man, i don't hear it. I have been a fan of AIC since facelift and have listened to Godsmack since 99 and i honestly see VERY little similarity. Maybe the dark lyrics sometimes but Godsmack is SO much heavier. Rombola kills on his leads. Cantrell was and still is a good player, but not on Tonys level. I am a huge fan of both and i'm suprised people still make the connection between these guys...just my very humble opinion

Comment

Maybe it is a regional thing and no doubt Godsmack is a heavier band but a lot of riffs early on remind me of AIC riffs... Granted I have not heard much of Godsmack though I don't own an Album but from what I have heard IMO Tony isn't a better player to me than Jerry... That is just my taste though

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Maybe it is a regional thing and no doubt Godsmack is a heavier band but a lot of riffs early on remind me of AIC riffs... Granted I have not heard much of Godsmack though I don't own an Album but from what I have heard IMO Tony isn't a better player to me than Jerry... That is just my taste though

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny I'm neither a fan of AIC or godsmack and to be honest.. I don't think Tony is a better player by any means .. but hey .. WTF do I know ..
                  Don't worry - I'll smack her if it comes to that. You do not sell guitars to buy shoes. You skimp on food to buy shoes! ~Mrs Tekky 06-03-08~

Comment

Granted they are 2 different kinds of players but at the point i'm at playing wise, i relate to Tonys vibe rather than jerrys. Years ago when Alice first came out i was a huge Cantrell fan and incorporated a lot of his riffs into my shit. I still think that the man in the box solo is one of the best of that genre in the 90s.
                    I have had the opportunity to meet most of Godsmack too so i suppose i'm a bit biased.

Comment

Is it just me that I hear some Dimebag type riffs on some songs (the fast part on the Vampire etc.)
                      "There is nothing more fearful than imagination without taste" - Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

"To be stupid, selfish and have good health are three requirements for happiness, though if stupidity is lacking, all is lost" - Gustave Flaubert

Comment

No way Tony is better than Jerry!
                        Unleash the fury.....Texas style!

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                          Is it just me that I hear some Dimebag type riffs on some songs (the fast part on the Vampire etc.)

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah Definite....Tony is a huge fan of Dime. I asked him about that when i met him. Vampires is a great friggin tune. Probably my fave on Awake...

Comment

Working...
                          X