Tragedy in stand up comedy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tragedy in stand up comedy

One of the coolest men in the stand-up scene has died.

http://www.comedycentral.com/standup...ch_hedberg.xml

he was a very funny man. Pick up his cd "mitch all together" guarantted to make you laugh.

Re: Tragedy in stand up comedy

Yeah, he was one funny guy. They are doing a tribute to him on XM radio this week.

Comment

I heard the news this morning on Stern, I was crushed.
      I swear, by my life and my love of it, that I will never live for the sake of another man, nor ask another man to live for mine. - Ayn Rand

Comment

Damn! [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] Wasn't he actually just on the Stern show a few days ago?
        I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Aw man! I really like his work...funny funny guy.

Speculation on cause is heart attack

http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/ne...05-470501.html
          "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Some Hedberg lines:

"I used to do drugs. I still do drugs. But I used to, too. "

" I had a stick of Carefree gum, but it didn't work. I felt pretty good while I was blowing that bubble, but as soon as the gum lost its flavor, I was back to pondering my mortality."

" If carrots got you drunk, rabbits would be fucked up. "

" This shirt is dry clean only. Which means...it's dirty. "

" My lucky number is four billion. That doesn't come in real handy when you're gambling. "Come on, four billion! Fuck. Seven. I need more dice."

" I think Pringles initial intention was to make tennis balls. But on the day that the rubber was supposed to show up, a big truckload of potatoes arrived. But Pringles is a laid back company. They said "Fuck it. Cut em up."

" An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

I bought a doughnut and they gave me a receipt for the doughnut... I don't need a receipt for the doughnut. I give you money and you give me the doughnut, end of transaction. We don't need to bring ink and paper into this. I can't imagine a scenario that I would have to prove that I bought a doughnut. To some skeptical friend, Don't even act like I didn't buy a doughnut, I've got the documentation right here... It's in my file at home. ...Under "D".

"That would be cool if you could eat a good food with a bad food and the good food would cover for the bad food when it got to your stomach. Like you could eat a carrot with an onion ring and they would travel down to your stomach, then they would get there, and the carrot would say, "It's cool, he's with me."

Lots more funny bits & pics:

http://www.thedotdotdot.com/humor/hedberg.html
            "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

pringles, and the lucky 4 million.. those got me. thanks, it was a good laugh [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

I didn't know he was a local boy. I have not been to a comedy club in years.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                " An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an "Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order" sign, just "Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience."

[/ QUOTE ]
                That's my favorite! Every time I'm in a mall or somewhere and the escalator is out of order, I start laughing. [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                I feel my soul go cold... only the dead are smiling.

Comment

Heard about it eariler this morning. I've been a bit depressed ever since. Mitch became one of my favorite comedians.

I didn't like him at first, but later on his style just clicked with me.

Comment

I'm a big fan of

"I want a vending machine that sells vending machines, it'd have to be real fuckin big!"

and of course..the Club Sandwich.

Comment

bummer....he was a funny dude
                      "It's because the speed of light is superior to the speed of sound that so many people look shiny before they actually sound stupid"

"All pleasure comes at someone Else's expense"

The internet is where, The men are men, the women are men, and the children are FBI agents.

Comment

Sad man he was funny
                        I keep the bible in a pool of blood
                        So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Suck deal!! I've seen his Comedy Central Presents so many times I almost have it memorized!

Comment

I sam him in NYC a couple months ago with Stephen Lynch. Both were hilarious, and both were obviously messed up on something. Mitch seemed drunk, Lynch seemed high, but not to the extent that it messed with their sets.

Comment

Working...
                            X