Sony PSP

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sony PSP

All right... So who here dropped some cash for one of these? I know a lot of the JCFers have kids so I'm sure they're begging for one of 'em.

Let me tell you this, I doubted them at first and thought it was a ton of hype (a la the Gameboy Advanced & SP/DS). I went over to my buddy's house and I was instantly amazed by the system. I usually am pretty resistant to video games since I played them a ton when I was in elementry / middle school / high school and sort of grew out of that phase, but this is by far the coolest game related system to come out since the PS2. Absolutely amazing graphics, awesome screen quality, amazing sound and a ton of capability. I did a ton of research before I went out and grabbed one but people are already browsing the internet with these (they have built in wireless)! Best part of all is that down the road they're coming out with a ton of really cool extras for it. I was bored last night and watched Spiderman 2 on my PSP while I was trying to sleep.

A word of warning though, the game "NBA" is terrible. I love basketball games but this game is so buggy and poorly made that it is almost unplayable (definitely not worth $39.99). Also, if you get one of these I recommend getting some PSP Body Armor, or at least a screen cover (little piece of plastic that goes over your screen area). Otherwise you run the risk of scratching up your screen!

Re: Sony PSP

Only two things I am not crazy about are..load times on games are very long...and the volume is nearly useless,you almost have to wear the headphones.However other then those things it is a pretty cool item.Wireless gaming,MP3,movies and I have a friend who is doing some amazing things with it already.

Comment

I want one, but man check the prices on eBay. I'm thinking it'd be great to fuck off at work with. I've got a Gameboy Advance (whatever the flip one's model is). I was going to get the DS< but man that fucking thing is homo.

Comment

I started to get one - local WalMart only got in 60 due to some sort of manufacturing under-estimate or some shit - probably just more marketing BS.
        Anyhoo, I peeked at the PSP forum on Codebreaker.com and a lot of the folks there said the ones they had were buggy and defective, but that Sony wouldn't repair or replace them, so the others said they were going to wait till the 2nd Gen came out.

Not that many interesting games for it from what I've seen - another Capcom 2D fighter (smack in the middle of the 3D Age), a new Metal Gear, but that's about it. If they do a CastleVania on it I might get one, but I already have 2 portable time-wasters I can take to work - a laptop and a video camera - and all I have to do is say I'm working on the die books or training video and they leave me alone [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/poke.gif[/img]
        I want to depart this world the same way I arrived; screaming and covered in someone else's blood

The most human thing we can do is comfort the afflicted and afflict the comfortable.

My Blog: http://newcenstein.com

Comment

The only real problems I've heard that the SP is encountering was the fact that some units shipped with burnt / lit pixels (pixels on the screen that don't display, they just show a plain blue color). Mine has zero. People are really getting up in arms abou the systems shipping with burnt pixels but hey, any major LCD manufacturer doesn't replace computers with burnt pixels unless there are like well over 10.

Yes, I agree that the games kinda suck right now, but I'm hoping for some good / high quality RPGs to be coming out soon. I have the Dynasty Warriors game and that's a lot of fun if you're into that game. What they should do is port some PS2 titles to the PSP.

Comment

I wasn't planning on getting one because I don't wait in lines or pre-order, but my brother found a bunch of them at Sears... so I figured what the heck. The first one I got had 3 dead pixels so exchanged it for another one. I only picked up Darkstalkers (I'm a 2D fighter nut)... fun game with great graphics. For now I'm waiting for FIFA Soccer and some cool RPGs to come out. The system definitely has a ton of potential and Nintendo needs some competition to get their butts in gear. Load times do suck, though. Overall, its not the greatest things since sliced bread, but it should have a very good future. Now only if they could release UMD movies in the $5-$10 range... and lower the price of their memory sticks.

Comment

I heard a lot of them have dead pixels.. one of my friends had to return three until he finally got a good one.

Comment

There is talk or rumors about Sony talking about a newer model at CEBIT that may integrates phone functions into these. I would consider one of these.
                The 2nd Amendment: America's Original Homeland Defense.

Comment

Working...
                X