My neighbor flipped his car...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My neighbor flipped his car...

First off, let me explain something. He is actually my neighbor's boyfriend. She is in her 20's with a 4 year old girl. This guy is pretty much the only father she has ever known. Her real dad is a deadbeat. Their family (our neighbors) have become very close to my family over the years. Now he is in the hospital with numerous injuries. (broken wrist, ribs, head trauma just to name a few) He is alive, and will most likely be ok, however if something happens to him I can't imagine what it will do to that family... Therefore I am asking for those who do so to pray for a speedy recovery and for strength for our family and theirs.

Thanks,
    Zach
    Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
    The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Re: My neighbor flipped his car...

hope the dude gets better

Comment

Hope he pulls through! Was this an icy road situation?
      "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Zach, We will put you and everyone on our prayer list.Just remember you all have to pray and beleive.

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
          Was this an icy road situation

[/ QUOTE ] From what I understand, he had been drinking all night with my dad and the neighbor's dad because it was someones birthday and they were having a poker party. Then he left and went somewhere else in the morning and drank more. Someone found him in the ditch a few hours later. It sounds like he is going to be fine. What pisses me off is my dad is the only one who makes money in our house. I provide for myself, but I have a brother who is in high school, and a sister who is in middle school who rely on his income. My dad has a tendency to go out to bars after hockey and not come home till 4:30. He already has one DUI on his record and well... you get the idea. I am all about having a good time, but if you have responsibilites and you are a grown man, please act like it. Don't act like you are in high school and party every weekend because then things like this happen and people get hurt. Plus it puts our family in a bad situation, and it is really hurting his health. I know this is kind of a rant, but a lot of stuff has been going on lately with our family and I am trying to help out as much as possible before I have a family of my own to take care of (getting married next spring).
          Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
          The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Hopefully this will be the wakeup call your Dad and this fella need. My best wishes to you neighbor and his family.
            Scott
            Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

He's in our prayers.

Comment

In that case, I hope that fellow gets smart.
                Drunk drivers suck.
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

> Therefore I am asking for those who do so to pray for a speedy recovery and for
                  > strength for our family and theirs.

um.... i don't think "speedy" is a very appropriate term in this particular case (: (:
                  "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                  The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

Working...
                  X