Weekend of extreme metal complete...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weekend of extreme metal complete...

What an awesome weekend. Saturday night was the Northwest Death Fest party up at a dive in Everett. My band, Funeral Age, played first to 30-ish people (6 pm start time) but that was probably a good thing because we needed to get a "practice on stage" in since we just got our the old guitar player back. I toggled between the mainstage and the "greenroom" (karaoke bar) watching all sorts of good extreme metal.

Today was the actual festival and I went from the main stage downstairs to the underground stage watching death metal, black metal and thrash metal bands. I saw three of my favorite 'locals' Ceremonial Castings, Full Frontal Assault, and my brothers in Inquinok (who put on their best show to date). Good fun. We (Funeral Age) played a 40 minute set right before Incantation and I had a good time, except for when I almost tripped over this guitar stand holding the guitar players' backup guitar twice (and of course, screwing up here and there). I also realized I really need to get back into running and working out so I can get my stamina up. After we played I hung out with a bunch of folks from assorted local Seattle bands and had a beer before going back to watch the show.

National headliners were Incantation, Sadus, and Cannibal Corpse. Sadus was absolutely amazing and Steve DiGorgio is the most obscene bass player I've seen live. Incantation and CC were solid as always but I've seen them a bunch so it kind of loses its flair after a while.

I basically spent 48 hours straight listening to metal, talking about metal, and meeting cool people, so I think it was a weekend well spent. The only crappy part is that I have to go to work in a couple hours.

Re: Weekend of extreme metal complete...

That sounds like a rad weekend!
    I haven't had any weekend that metal for quite a while....
    oh well, my time will come!

Comment

Cool time bro!

Yep, Steve is a monster bassist and a really nice guy as well.

Comment

Pics? [img]/images/graemlins/grin.gif[/img]
        "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

I'm working on it.. One of my friends took about 600 pictures, but she works for Amazon.com and doesn't have a lot of free time to arrange the photos. I will bump the thread once she gets them completed though.

Comment

No photos yet... But I found a review. .

Funeral Age
            How's about some ferocious blackened death metal with serious attitude? Well then Funeral Age can hook you up. Definite crowd pleasers and great showmen, Funeral Age has all the right elements you look for in a black/death act. Mosh pits emerged and horns flew high, Funeral Age is another on my list of new favorites. Very Highly Recommended.

And here's what the same dude said about my brothers in Inquinok who played right before us.

Everytime I see them they only get better, Inquinok is one of the leading underground u.s. black metal acts. I was surprsied to see them without corpse paint and usual b.m. accessories, but my attention was quickly taken from that little detail and placed firmly on their music. The black metal I must admit was nice punctuation to the run on death metal sentence of the day, and I think the change helped everyone re-energize for those bands who followed. Inquinok performed as total pros and got intense crowd reaction throughout their set, the new keyboardist is a great addition to the band as well. If you haven't seen them...do it.

Comment

All right.. A couple photos of each of the bands are on this site...
              http://www.shadows.com/gravemusic/li...05/index.shtml

If you desire to see my band here's the direct link right to the page we're on... Funeral Age is the band name and I play bass.
              http://www.shadows.com/gravemusic/live/nwdf2005/4.shtml

I'll update the thread again when my other friend who took a bunch of pictures of the show uploads the photos.

Comment

Uh, oh....guitarist on left is wearing a Funeral Age shirt [img]/images/graemlins/nono.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                "Quiet, numbskulls, I'm broadcasting!" -Moe Howard, "Micro-Phonies" (1945)

Comment

Working...
                X