Anime recommendation!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anime recommendation!

Dunno if any of you guys like anime.. I'm definitely not an anime geek but I watch some from time to time.
    There's one I've been looking out for and I finally spotted one...

It's called Geneshaft, kind of a space sci-fi action thing, and here's the super cool part: Akira Takasaki did the entire soundtrack!
    There are several installments, some of which I believe have been released in the US by now. Look for this anime or the soundtrack, it kicks ass!

Re: Anime recommendation!

I just finished Hellsing. It was good.

If you want to see something REALLY stupid/funny, check out the first few episodes of Black Heaven. Its about a heavy metal guitar player who's playing saves the world. (I kid you not.)

Comment

Haha rad!

I'm gonna be lookin out for the geneshaft soundtrack, Akira kicks ass...

Comment

A few of my favorites are Demon City Shinjuku and Grave of the Fireflies. They are movies, not long running series. Great stuff, though.

- E.
        Good Lord! The rod up that man's butt must have a rod up its butt!

Comment

Ever since I worked at an anime store and worked at several conventions I've been burnt out on anime. I'll likely get into it again sometime soon. I've been meaning to check out Grave of the Fireflies for a while now.

Comment

Samurai Champloo, Tenjo Tenje, and Samurai Deeper Kyo are some of my favorites.

Comment

I dig the Lupin the 3rd stuff.

Comment

Hahaha Lupin is sweet! I really like the Ninja Scroll. There are two versions of Ninja Scroll, I like the one where Jubei (sp?) has not lost an eye. My favorite anime of all time is Record of Lodoss War.. Its pretty long, especially if you get both series, but it is so very worth it. I picked up the first series on the bay a while ago. Also, if you have not checked out Vampire Hunter D, please do so. Next to Lodoss, the Vampire Hunter D series is great. [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img] Good luck finding stuff!
                Light intervened, annihliating darkness.
                The path of salvation made clear for the prodigal human race

Comment

Some of my favorites are:

Ninja Scroll (the movie, not the series),
                  Gatchaman (aka Battle of the Planets, aka G-Force),
                  Gundam (almost all versions).

Comment

i love Gundam. everything from the original to Char's Counterattck, to some of the differnt stuff like 08th MS Team.

my friends (female) are into stuff like Inuyasha and Trigun. sadly, i gave up anime' when i picked up the 6 string, and haven;t looked back. i used to be obsessed, and i changed. bring on the G.A.S.!!!

Comment

Lodoss War is amazing. i have the TV and OVA series... both great watches.

even better.. my blockbuster has the ENTIRE TV series as a single rental.

Comment

lodoss war...i havent; heard that one in awhile.

i was also a fan of Patlabor and Cowboy bebop. I was a Huge Mecha and starship fan, lol.

Comment

Naruto, Monster, Bleach, BERSERK!, Ninja Scroll GITSSAC.

Lots of anime !

Comment

Working...
                          X