I've come to realize...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I've come to realize...

Ya know, I just thought about this. I love metal, it's gonna be my love forever, but I'm not too much into playing it as I thought I was. I've been playing for awhile and I feel myself going back go classical and blues, but more classical style. I started off listening to classical music on my own, that's how I got into wanting to play and loving music. I'm listening to Bach today and just the amount of great melodies, how they interact with each other and the amount of dynamics it carried just took me back. The reason I came to this conclusion is I'm helping a friend with his hard rock band, and although the stuff is cool to listen to, I don't really like playing it all that much. Another friend of mine asked me to come down to his rehersal place and jam with their band since they need a new guitarist, and again, their music is cool, but I don't really get off playing it. Why did I post this [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img] I dunno, but I kinda like this feeling of going back to where I started. Here's to going back to your roots and doing what ya love [img]/images/graemlins/toast.gif[/img]

- Irf -

Re: I\'ve come to realize...

Uh...sure. [img]/images/graemlins/smile.gif[/img]
    Peace, Love and Happieness and all that stuff...

"Anyone who tries to fling crap my way better have a really good crap flinger."

I personally do not care how it was built as long as it is a good playing/sounding instrument.

Yes, there's a bee in the pudding.

Comment

I know what your sayin IRF. I love metal and will always play it, but my roots are in blues and that will always be my TRUE passion. As you said go back to your roots and play what you truly love. I salute you sir !!
      Look Up...Get Up...And Never EVER Give Up...

Comment

Irfaan,

IMHO there is nothing wrong with that, not everyone plays ALL the music they love. Acutally, I don't know anyone that does.
        You can listen to metal out the wahzoo but only play the blues, say.
        You have to groove to your own inner music, I see too many bands trying to be like this band or that band or that other band... then you have all of these bands that all have the same sound (*cough, nu-metal).
        And nobody can say that Mozart and Chopin and Bach do NOT rock. They most certainly do. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
        Play the music that moves you, bro.

Em

Comment

You may not play what you love, or may play what you love, but listen to what you don't...it's a personal thing. Do whatever works for you. I go through cycles...Now, I always play metal..but listen to blues, classical, shred, and mostly Johnny Cash. Do what makes you happy.

Comment

Everything Irf said....

+1

I think it's normal, brother!
            750xl, 88LE, AT1, Roswell Pro, SG-X, 4 others...
            Stilletto Duece 1/2 Stack, MkIII Mini-Stack, J-Station, 12 spaces of misc rack stuff, Sonar 4, Event 20/20, misc outboard stuff...

Why do I still want MORE?

Comment

nothing strange about that.

I love jazz, but don't have the chops or the theoretical knowledge to play it. Hell, I don't have the chops to play most of the metal that I love.

I remember reading an interview with Cold Chisel guitarist, Ian Moss. Someone commented on how much he must love the blues, because he has such a great feel for it. He replied that he doesn't really listen to blues, he primarily listens to jazz. It's just that blues rock is the music that pours out when he picks up his guitar.
              Hail yesterday

Comment

You "feel yourself" going back to classical and blues, and don't enjoy playing METAL?? You are obviously a gay homosexual.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                please don't put it into words, 'cause I fear what you're thinking

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  Irfaan,

IMHO there is nothing wrong with that, not everyone plays ALL the music they love. Acutally, I don't know anyone that does.
                  You can listen to metal out the wahzoo but only play the blues, say.
                  You have to groove to your own inner music, I see too many bands trying to be like this band or that band or that other band... then you have all of these bands that all have the same sound (*cough, nu-metal).
                  And nobody can say that Mozart and Chopin and Bach do NOT rock. They most certainly do. [img]/images/graemlins/notworthy.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]
                  Play the music that moves you, bro.

Em

[/ QUOTE ]

Damn, I think ya just hit the reason right there. Everytime I play metal, it just turns out too generic, kinda like something I'd heard before but not as good, lol. I go through some classical pieces then just start to improvise and then I feel right at home, and it sounds a lot better. So how much for the therapy session fellas? [img]/images/graemlins/tongue.gif[/img]

[ QUOTE ]
                  You "feel yourself" going back to classical and blues, and don't enjoy playing METAL?? You are obviously a gay homosexual.

[img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh yah, I'm one lil confused bastad. So....How you doin? (Voice of Joey from Friends) [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/rolleyes.gif[/img]

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                    You "feel yourself" going back to classical and blues, and don't enjoy playing METAL?? You are obviously a gay homosexual. [img]/images/graemlins/wink.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/laugh.gif[/img]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bwahahahaha!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Yah...That does kinda sound ass backwards, but whatcha gonna do? [img]/images/graemlins/scratchhead.gif[/img]

Comment

Working...
                      X