Something funny and something serious

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Something funny and something serious

Sorry to hear about your buddy Jim, you have my condolences...

I thank God I'm still around...as someone who once had a coke thing, this can happen to anyone.
    shawnlutz.com

Comment

Sorry to hear that Jim... Good warning on the Coke too I have a custoemr who is just killing himself on this stuff (he is right around this age too [img]/images/graemlins/frown.gif[/img] ) Sorry for your loss
      I keep the bible in a pool of blood
      So that none of its lies can affect me

Comment

Sorry for your loss Jim, let me know if there's anything I can do.

Comment

My condolences. Drugs suck.

Comment

wow, sorry to hear that man. Drugs are scary stuff. I dont use any drugs. Hell I dont even drink.( I know, us healthy types lead boring lives) I know there are people that do them and advocate them and that is their personal choice and their right in my book, and I am not going to crusade, but I wish people would be careful.
            "clean sounds are for pussies" - Axewielder

Comment

Oh man, Jim. I know this pain all too well. I feel for you bro. Remember the good times.
              Scott
              Be without fear in the face of your enemies. Be brave and upright, that God may love thee. Speak the truth always, even if it leads to your death. Safeguard the helpless and do no wrong.

Comment

[img]/images/graemlins/confused.gif[/img] Sorry for your bad news Jim. You have memories that'll stay forever though.
                Occupation: Department Director for the Department of Redundancy Department

Comment

Thanks guys. I was drinking last night (yeah, thats not good either) and this whole deal just really started to bother me. Combined with my buddy Brad OD'ed on Coke the week before our 10th HS reunion (his little 5 year old daughter called her mom on the phone with "daddy wont wake up, he is just sitting at the table"), so I was still kind of sore from that still. I am cool and all and I usually hate to post stuff like that. The booze just got to me.

Josh was funny, but cool funny, not clown funny. He was like a big biker ripped from a gang and stuck into a High School. The guy had tattoos all over his arms, good ones too and he was big but more of a "Don't Fukk with me" big. I never remember anyone ever even threatening him. But most people liked him too.

The best class we had in Senior year was Art. We had a cool teacher too. She let us get away with anything. One time we pushed her too far. The project was a movie and we said we were going to do one about drinking. She thought it was a great idea until she saw it before it was to be viewed at an afterschool art exhibit. We all just got wasted (not pretend either) with the camera filming us. So, she told us to prevent getting an F, we had to add a scene at the end explaining how stupid we looked getting drunk and how we could have got in trouble drinking, so we did. But we did it our way. She gave us the script to read and we went out and did it at the outside lunchtables with the view of the front enterance of the school right behind us. We then each read our lines written by the teacher inbetween tokes from a joint. That was Josh's idea. We all failed Art that marking period, but we all had fun failing.

Comment

Oh man, I know how it is. I have so many great memories (and a few times I wish I could remember) when I was young and my friends and I were either drunk or stoned. What I hate is to see someone get caught in the grip of drugs/alcohol--most of us wise up and grow out of that phase, but some can't shake it. That really makes me sad--I've had friends and close family dealing with these problems. No one's died yet as a result, but it could well happen. Cherish the ones you love!

Comment

loss is rampant these days. i'm sorry jim. i've lost 15 now and a brother. somehow i am alive today, and it's very lucky that i am. i'm still crying over my friend from 2 months ago, so i know your pain and it hurts.not much worse than a broken heart, i hope yours mends soon.
                      Not helping the situation since 1965!

Comment

Sorry to hear it Jim, I've got a 5 year old daughter myself. My heart goes out to all he left behind.
                        Courtesy, Integrity, Self-control, Perseverance, Indomitable Spirit

Comment

My condolences to you and to Josh's family, Jim. Coke is so easy to get out of hand on; I have many nights felt my heartbeat and thought it had to blow up any second. So many of us here could be where Josh is now. I'm very sorry for your loss.
                          Ron is the MAN!!!!

Comment

<font color="aqua">damn, Jim, I'm truly sorry for the loss, bro. It's never easy losing a bud, our hearts and thoughts are with you...... </font>
                            Dave ->

"would someone answer that damn phone?!?!"

Comment

Coke is way too addictive mentally.. if you have an even remotely addictive personality you shouldn't touch it. Like Lerx said I've also had many times when I've felt my heart racing, face and body going numb, and just thinking that I was about to die, it's very scary stuff. I'm really sorry about your friend Jim.

Comment

Working...
                              X