Any drummers here? question on triggers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Any drummers here? question on triggers

Hey guys,i'm a guitarist,but my drummer is having problems finding the thing that controls the triggers? "modulor"? or something lol..well anyways,hard to explain since i know sqawt about drums.But he's been to many shows where the drummers would be using a box..but very small and only 2 channels.Anyone know what i'm talking about? thanks

Re: Any drummers here? question on triggers

could be a yamaha DTX module, maybe an old roland module. i personally use an alesis DM-5 in my studio with ddrum triggers and it's fantastic. 1000's of sounds pretty tweakable, and VERY affordable. $349 most places. it's a full length, single rack space unit.
    GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

i have those little plastic "chips" used to hit the strings...WHOA!!!!

Comment

(I AM a drummer too)

As MD mentioned...The Alesis DM5 is a great unit...that's the one I'd recommend also.

Comment

thanks for the replies guys.My drummer doesn't want it in a rack..he has seen em like on a stand next to the drummer...since it's small..it would be possible. i'll look into it.thanks guys!

Comment

okay, that would be yamaha's module. it's about $800. roland makes one too but it's $1300!! the TD-12 or 13, i can't remember which it is.
          GEAR:

some guitars...WITH STRINGS!!!! most of them have those sticks like on guitar hero....AWESOME!!!!

some amps...they have some glowing bottle like things in them...i think my amps do that modelling thing....COOL, huh?!?!?!

and finally....

Comment

whats a trigger? and i thought drummers thought it was cheating to use them?

Comment

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well not really cheating...let's say for example double kick.You don't have to hit it as hard and it will make the same sound...pretty much it to triggers.

Comment

MD: Edguy!!!!! [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img] [img]/images/graemlins/headbang.gif[/img]

and what's that guitar? looks like an ESP copy of those old gibson V's... ?
                "It wasn't the world being round that agitated people, but that the world wasn't flat. [ ... ]
                The truth will seem utterly preposterous, and its speaker, a raving lunatic."

Comment

[ QUOTE ]
                  [ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

well not really cheating...let's say for example double kick.You don't have to hit it as hard and it will make the same sound...pretty much it to triggers.

[/ QUOTE ]
                  Heh, is it cheating for a band to have a symphonic sound by using a keyboard player? If not, then a drummer isn't cheating by using triggers.

What bugs me is drummers who use triggers 100% of the time, yet they still use an acoustic drum set. Why not just get an electronic kit and save some space?

Comment

delt: edguy rips!! that's a Hamer Vector - made in Korea but it kills!!

in my opinion drummers will go all electric when they (manufacturers) make electric sets that look traditional and are affordable (not like v-drums that cost $5000). triggers (ddrums - and there are cheaper triggers), mesh heads and an alesis DM-5 together only cost as much as an entry level drum kit. plus you still look traditional and can have the real cymbals - which ALWAYS sound better than sampled cymbals.
                    GEAR:

and finally....

Comment

Working...
                    X